Re: [BCD396XT] UID Display suggestion

  • John Chabalko
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3 5:15 PM
      I think this would be a great feature too, great suggestion ron!

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6 4:15 PM
        I too don't like the alternating text display but you are right. Better that than not at all. And the more I think about your idea of selecting the screen display mode for each system the more I really like it. That is a great idea.

        jeff

        I think this would be a great feature too, great suggestion ron!

        _______________________________
        rom: Ron Cluster <mygroups2007@...>
        o: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
        ent: Sun, January 3, 2010 3:38:41 PM
        ubject: [BCD396XT] UID Display suggestion

        I posted this on the 996XT group by mistake. Should have gone here,
        lthough it can apply to both.)
        I know this has been discussed a little recently, but I would like to
        uggest an enhancement for Uniden to consider regarding the choices of
        creen display modes.
        I would like to have the option of screen display mode be selectable by
        ystem.
        For conventional systems I use Mode 2 which displays the frequency on the
        rd line. For trunked systems the frequency is not as important to me so I
        ould use Mode 3 which puts the UID on the 3rd line. I'm not a big fan of
        he alternating text display, although it's better than nothing.
        I would like the following choices under each system:
        efault
        ode 1
        ode 2
        ode 3
        Each system would use "Default" unless one of the Modes were selected for
        hat system.
        The Default screen display mode would still be selected the same way it is
        ow.
        Ron in Eugene

      • Dan Danz
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6 5:44 PM
          As long as the DEFAULT for all systems not set inherits the current
          RADIO setting so that changing it immediately sets the mode for all
          sytems that have not been set. C

          Sent from my iPod

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6 7:46 PM
            You are aware of Display Mode 3 which puts the UID on the third line
            rather than alternating it, aren't you?

            Joe M.

            SRehm24416@... wrote:
            > I too don't like the alternating text display but you are right. Better that than not at all. And the more I think about your idea of selecting the screen display mode for each system the more I really like it. That is a great idea.
            >
            > jeff

          • Ron Cluster
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6 8:29 PM
              I am. And that is what I would like to use for trunked systems. On
              conventional systems however, I like Mode 2 which displays the frequency on
              the third line. Hence the request to be able to choose the Mode for each
              system.

              And yes, leaving the Mode set to "Default" on a system should let that
              system change with the Mode selected for the radio, just as it does now.

              Ron in Eugene

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 7 8:28 PM
                Hello All;

                I would like to thank you all for the outstanding advice,
                information, and assistance that has been provided here.

                I've taken Glenn up on his offer, and gone over to the 'dark side';
                yup, I traded him my XT for his GRE.

                I couldn't be happier. While there are a few nifty features I may
                (or may not) miss from the XT, the user interface on the GRE is so
                much easier for me to use, and the digital audio decoding so much
                clearer on the system I monitor, that I am again enjoying scanning.
                Which I had not been with the XT. And there are some nifty features
                on the GRE that the XT lacks...

                Horses for courses, as they say.

                So I'm back to having but one remaining Uniden product, my BC-101
                (original owner, from new, yeah, I've been doing this a long time)...

                73 y'all!

                Tom Frank, KA2CDK