UID Display suggestion

  • Ron Cluster
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2010
      (I posted this on the 996XT group by mistake. Should have gone here,
      although it can apply to both.)

      I know this has been discussed a little recently, but I would like to
      suggest an enhancement for Uniden to consider regarding the choices of
      screen display modes.

      I would like to have the option of screen display mode be selectable by
      system.

      For conventional systems I use Mode 2 which displays the frequency on the
      3rd line. For trunked systems the frequency is not as important to me so I
      would use Mode 3 which puts the UID on the 3rd line. I'm not a big fan of
      the alternating text display, although it's better than nothing.

      I would like the following choices under each system:
      Mode 1
      Mode 2
      Mode 3

      Each system would use "Default" unless one of the Modes were selected for
      that system.

      The Default screen display mode would still be selected the same way it is
      now.

      Ron in Eugene
    • John Chabalko
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2010
        I think this would be a great feature too, great suggestion ron!

        ________________________________

      • SRehm24416@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2010
          I too don't like the alternating text display but you are right. Better that than not at all. And the more I think about your idea of selecting the screen display mode for each system the more I really like it. That is a great idea.

          jeff

          I think this would be a great feature too, great suggestion ron!

          _______________________________
          rom: Ron Cluster <mygroups2007@...>
          o: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
          ent: Sun, January 3, 2010 3:38:41 PM
          ubject: [BCD396XT] UID Display suggestion

          I posted this on the 996XT group by mistake. Should have gone here,
          lthough it can apply to both.)
          I know this has been discussed a little recently, but I would like to
          uggest an enhancement for Uniden to consider regarding the choices of
          creen display modes.
          I would like to have the option of screen display mode be selectable by
          ystem.
          For conventional systems I use Mode 2 which displays the frequency on the
          rd line. For trunked systems the frequency is not as important to me so I
          ould use Mode 3 which puts the UID on the 3rd line. I'm not a big fan of
          he alternating text display, although it's better than nothing.
          I would like the following choices under each system:
          efault
          ode 1
          ode 2
          ode 3
          Each system would use "Default" unless one of the Modes were selected for
          hat system.
          The Default screen display mode would still be selected the same way it is
          ow.
          Ron in Eugene

        • Dan Danz
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2010
            As long as the DEFAULT for all systems not set inherits the current
            RADIO setting so that changing it immediately sets the mode for all
            sytems that have not been set. C

            Sent from my iPod

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2010
              You are aware of Display Mode 3 which puts the UID on the third line
              rather than alternating it, aren't you?

              Joe M.

              SRehm24416@... wrote:
              > I too don't like the alternating text display but you are right. Better that than not at all. And the more I think about your idea of selecting the screen display mode for each system the more I really like it. That is a great idea.
              >
              > jeff

            • Ron Cluster
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 6, 2010
                I am. And that is what I would like to use for trunked systems. On
                conventional systems however, I like Mode 2 which displays the frequency on
                the third line. Hence the request to be able to choose the Mode for each
                system.

                And yes, leaving the Mode set to "Default" on a system should let that
                system change with the Mode selected for the radio, just as it does now.

                Ron in Eugene

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 7, 2010
                  Hello All;

                  I would like to thank you all for the outstanding advice,
                  information, and assistance that has been provided here.

                  I've taken Glenn up on his offer, and gone over to the 'dark side';
                  yup, I traded him my XT for his GRE.

                  I couldn't be happier. While there are a few nifty features I may
                  (or may not) miss from the XT, the user interface on the GRE is so
                  much easier for me to use, and the digital audio decoding so much
                  clearer on the system I monitor, that I am again enjoying scanning.
                  Which I had not been with the XT. And there are some nifty features
                  on the GRE that the XT lacks...

                  Horses for courses, as they say.

                  So I'm back to having but one remaining Uniden product, my BC-101
                  (original owner, from new, yeah, I've been doing this a long time)...

                  73 y'all!

                  Tom Frank, KA2CDK