BCD396XT Batteries

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2009
      Hi there, i was looking around and couldn't find any info on this.

      The batteries that Uniden includes for the 396XT are 2300mAh. Is there any problem at all with my using a more powerful battery with the scanner? I have a lot of Powerex 2700mAh i'd like to use.

      I'd match battery strengths in a given set of 3, otherwise i'd put the set of factory included batteries into my rotation and possible phase them out if the 2700s outperform them substantially.

      thanks in advance.
      -john
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2009
        They will work fine. As usual, my caveat that NiMH cells should only be
        charged in a charger designed for NiMH cells (IOW not in the scanner).

        Joe M.

        John wrote:
        > Hi there, i was looking around and couldn't find any info on this.
        >
        > The batteries that Uniden includes for the 396XT are 2300mAh. Is there any problem at all with my using a more powerful battery with the scanner? I have a lot of Powerex 2700mAh i'd like to use.
        >
        > I'd match battery strengths in a given set of 3, otherwise i'd put the set of factory included batteries into my rotation and possible phase them out if the 2700s outperform them substantially.
        >
        > thanks in advance.
        > -john

      • John Chabalko
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2009
          excellent, thanks!

          and i agree. i have a lacrosse charger i use for all of my charging.