Re: [BCD396XT] Help I Messed Something Up!

  • Richard A. Victor
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 24, 2009
      With all due respect, it is extremely unlikely
      that the scanner started scanning those services
      and custom searches on its own. Much more likely
      is that you inadvertently turned them on when you
      were trying to do something else. As you become
      more familiar with the scanner, you will be less
      likely to do that. Now that you know how to turn
      them off, it shouldn't be a big deal if it were to happen again.

      Close Call is a feature which permits the scanner
      to find and display information about a signal
      which is significantly stronger than other
      signals so that you can identify it. It is
      useful to find frequencies in use by radios in
      your immediate vicinity. I can't speak for
      others, but I use it only when I have a specific
      frequency that I'm trying to find. Others may
      use it all the time just to see what pops
      up. Keep in mind that if you use it in
      conjunction with your normal scanning, it will
      interrupt the channel being received every few
      seconds to check for Close Call signals unless
      you have it operating in the DND (Do Not Disturb) mode.

      Best of holiday greetings.

      Dick