finding repeater inputs

  • havmedic26
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 2009
      I have been using the 996t for a long time and i love it. I wanted to try some of the new features of the 396xt and i love it. i am going to get a 996xt after christmas. my question is this. can I use the scanner to find the input freq for repeaters. obviously not UHF as those are easy, but VHF, and in particular VHF P25. I have parked my truck next to the cruisers, and keyed the radio. Most often the close call comes up with the output of the repeater. I am not sure why it does that or how, since we are not that close to the repeater site (but still in town)

      JT