Re: search with tone scan; cc display

  • radioboy75
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7, 2009
      Re: CC -- makes sense, probably right.

      Re: searching -- there's not a place to change the "audio" setting for searching -- Analog Only, Digital Only, or All. Those options are available for channels in memory -- but how about searching? It doesn't look like that's something you can choose in search mode, from what I can tell. Therefore, I can't find a way to display tones in search mode either.

      For search mode, the options are:
      Edit Name
      Edit Srch Limit
      Set Delay Time
      Set Modulation
      Set Attenuator
      Set Step
      Set C-Ch Only
      Set Audio AGC
      P25 Waiting Time
      Search With scan

      There's no "Set Audio Type" like there is for memory channels . . .

      Any other clues?

      For that matter, this scanner has so much memory, I could probably just put all the channels in my search into a group and do my searching using memory channels! That might be the only option . . .

      Scott

      > Threaded...
      >
      > radioboy75 wrote:
      > > Forgive me if someone has asked these questions before. I try to stay up-to-date with the posts, but I don't get them all.
      > >
      > > 1. Is there a way to do a search and have the tones (ctcss, dcs) display on the screen as each new fq is found?
      >
      > Yes. Set the audio to ANALOG ONLY and set the CTCSS/CDCSS option to SEARCH.
      >
      > > 2. Is there a way to change what the display looks like when it's received a CC? Why does it make you push a button first to see what the CC capture was? Can it just display the CC right away upon receipt? The pushing of a button seems like a needless extra step.
      >
      > I've always suspected it was to get 'around' a patent that someone has
      > on a device that automatically displays the frequency of a nearfield
      > hit. That's never been confirmed, nor do I think it will ever be, but
      > that's my hunch. Hence, you need to press a button first.
      >
      > Joe M.

    • Paul Opitz
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2009
        Srch/CloCall Opt --> Tone/Code Search

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7, 2009
          Look in the Search/Close Call options.

          Joe M.

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 7, 2009
            Ah! Thanks guys!

            I knew that had to be an option, I just couldn't find it!

            Thanks again,
            Scott