fire tone out search

  • Aaron Siller
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
      how do i use this setting the manual is not really clear on how to turn it on

      Thanks

      Aaron Siller

      N5AMS

      Aldine,Tx

      http://www.twitter.com/n5ams

      http://www.n5amsaudio.blogpost.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
        What in particular is not clear?

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
          How to turn it on fire tone search I know how to put it on standby

          Thanks,

          Aaron Siller
          N5AMS
          Aldine, TX

          Sent from my iPod

          Aaron Siller wrote:
          > how do i use this setting the manual is not really clear on how to turn it on
          >
          > Thanks
          >

          > Aaron Siller
          >
          > N5AMS
          >
          > Aldine,Tx
          >
          > http://www.twitter.com/n5ams
          >
          > http://www.n5amsaudio.blogpost.com

        • Tom
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 6, 2009
            Aaron,

            Select your conventional (doesn't work with trunked systems) frequency that you want to monitor for tone outs

            in the menu goto tone-out for...
            then tone-out setup
            then tone-out 1 (if you've never been there before)

            in that menu you can set the name, enter your frequency from above, tones (A and/or B) if you know them (leave them on 0 and it will search), delay, alert and AGC

            once you have that configured you can go back to the tone-out for... menu and choose tone-out standby and that will start your search.

            Tom

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 6, 2009
              oh ok that clears it up

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 6, 2009
                To activate the tone search, program both the A and B tones as 0.

                Joe M.