Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [BCD396XT] unitrunker

Expand Messages
  • dmccorm@charter.net
    Typo, thanks Jan.
    Message 1 of 29 , Dec 2, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      Typo, thanks Jan.

      ---- JAN FINE <jan_fine@...> wrote:
      > That should be inline not input.
      >
      > dmccorm@... wrote:
      > >
      > >
      > > The trunked system needs to be programmed into a System. Enable the
      > > Control Channel Output (Extended is not needed) in the Settings. Press
      > > HOLD on the system, the control channel should be displayed along with
      > > the SysID on the radio, run UniTrunker using the BCD396XT radio
      > > setting, set the data source to input and signal, set the com port to
      > > the correct one, as well as the port attributes (baud rate, Data bits,
      > > stop bits, parity), set the radio run to running. The trunked system
      > > should start displaying data in UniTrunker automatically.
      > >
      > > Here is a helpful tutorial from Utah radio covering the GRE PSR500
      > > series that may help:
      > > http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Object_Oriented_Scanner_Software
      > > <http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Object_Oriented_Scanner_Software>
      > >
      > > ---- Aaron Siller <n5ams@... <mailto:n5ams%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
      > > > need help with the software part cause obviously its not plug and play
      > > >
      > > > Thanks
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > > Aaron Siller
      > > >
      > > > N5AMS
      > > >
      > > > Aldine,Tx
      > > >
      > > > http://www.twitter.com/n5ams <http://www.twitter.com/n5ams>
      > > >
      > > > http://www.n5amsaudio.blogpost.com <http://www.n5amsaudio.blogpost.com>
      > > >
      > > > --- On Wed, 12/2/09, MCH <mch@... <mailto:mch%40nb.net>> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > From: MCH <mch@... <mailto:mch%40nb.net>>
      > > > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Newbie here
      > > > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > > Date: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 11:28 AM
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > > Close Call is one you will likely find very useful.
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > > I imagine SAME is another one you will find very useful.
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > > Good decision to go 'all the way' with the XT. It should serve most
      > > >
      > > > areas of the USA for many years to come.
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > > Joe M.
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > > bigkevj wrote:
      > > >
      > > > > Hello everyone. Just joined group and just got my BCD396XT last
      > > Wednesday. A little background.. .I have been using Scanners for the
      > > last 15 years or so, but very simple ones. I want to cover some
      > > frequency ranges my others can't (mainly for storm chasing - I have
      > > never had a scanner/2 way radio with me on chases in the past). Of
      > > course this new one is a little more advanced than I can handle right
      > > now but I figured why buy a cheap one then buy this one two years down
      > > the road.
      > > >
      > > > >
      > > >
      > > > > That said, I have it programmed and are listening to local
      > > emergency, some local businesses, etc. What are some of the features I
      > > need to learn to use that are cool? The owners manual might as well be
      > > written in Japanese, so I am learning slow and by myself for the most
      > > part so I want to take advantage of the cool features that I would get
      > > a lot of use out of right away.
      > > >
      > > > >
      > > >
      > > > > Thanks,
      > > >
      > > > > Kevin
      > > >
      > > > >
      > > >
      > > > >
      > > >
      > > > >
      > > >
      > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------
      > > >
      > > > >
      > > >
      > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > > >
      > > > >
      > > >
      > > > >
      > > >
      > > > >
      > > >
      > > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      > > >
      > >
      > >
      >
      >
      >
      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      >
    • Aaron Siller
      It s ok I figured it was that and works great too Thanks, Aaron Siller N5AMS Aldine, TX Sent from my iPod On Dec 2, 2009, at 20:25,
      Message 2 of 29 , Dec 2, 2009
      • 0 Attachment
        It's ok I figured it was that and works great too


        Thanks,

        Aaron Siller
        N5AMS
        Aldine, TX

        Sent from my iPod

        On Dec 2, 2009, at 20:25, <dmccorm@...> wrote:

        Typo, thanks Jan.

        ---- JAN FINE <jan_fine@...> wrote:
        > That should be inline not input.
        >
        > dmccorm@... wrote:
        > >
        > >
        > > The trunked system needs to be programmed into a System. Enable the
        > > Control Channel Output (Extended is not needed) in the Settings. Press
        > > HOLD on the system, the control channel should be displayed along with
        > > the SysID on the radio, run UniTrunker using the BCD396XT radio
        > > setting, set the data source to input and signal, set the com port to
        > > the correct one, as well as the port attributes (baud rate, Data bits,
        > > stop bits, parity), set the radio run to running. The trunked system
        > > should start displaying data in UniTrunker automatically.
        > >
        > > Here is a helpful tutorial from Utah radio covering the GRE PSR500
        > > series that may help:
        > > http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Object_Oriented_Scanner_Software
        > > <http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Object_Oriented_Scanner_Software>
        > >
        > > ---- Aaron Siller <n5ams@... <mailto:n5ams%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
        > > > need help with the software part cause obviously its not plug and play
        > > >
        > > > Thanks
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > Aaron Siller
        > > >
        > > > N5AMS
        > > >
        > > > Aldine,Tx
        > > >
        > > > http://www.twitter.com/n5ams <http://www.twitter.com/n5ams>
        > > >
        > > > http://www.n5amsaudio.blogpost.com <http://www.n5amsaudio.blogpost.com>
        > > >
        > > > --- On Wed, 12/2/09, MCH <mch@... <mailto:mch%40nb.net>> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > From: MCH <mch@... <mailto:mch%40nb.net>>
        > > > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Newbie here
        > > > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
        > > > Date: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 11:28 AM
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > Close Call is one you will likely find very useful.
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > I imagine SAME is another one you will find very useful.
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > Good decision to go 'all the way' with the XT. It should serve most
        > > >
        > > > areas of the USA for many years to come.
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > Joe M.
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > bigkevj wrote:
        > > >
        > > > > Hello everyone. Just joined group and just got my BCD396XT last
        > > Wednesday. A little background.. .I have been using Scanners for the
        > > last 15 years or so, but very simple ones. I want to cover some
        > > frequency ranges my others can't (mainly for storm chasing - I have
        > > never had a scanner/2 way radio with me on chases in the past). Of
        > > course this new one is a little more advanced than I can handle right
        > > now but I figured why buy a cheap one then buy this one two years down
        > > the road.
        > > >
        > > > >
        > > >
        > > > > That said, I have it programmed and are listening to local
        > > emergency, some local businesses, etc. What are some of the features I
        > > need to learn to use that are cool? The owners manual might as well be
        > > written in Japanese, so I am learning slow and by myself for the most
        > > part so I want to take advantage of the cool features that I would get
        > > a lot of use out of right away.
        > > >
        > > > >
        > > >
        > > > > Thanks,
        > > >
        > > > > Kevin
        > > >
        > > > >
        > > >
        > > > >
        > > >
        > > > >
        > > >
        > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------
        > > >
        > > > >
        > > >
        > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > > >
        > > > >
        > > >
        > > > >
        > > >
        > > > >
        > > >
        > > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        > > >
        > >
        > >
        >
        >
        >
        > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        >






        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • Matt
        Thank you. I am interested in a BCD 396XLT scanner as well as the pro106. Not sure which is the best model. I m located in San Diego City which I am able to
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 4 9:44 AM
        • 0 Attachment
          Thank you. I am interested in a BCD 396XLT scanner as well as the pro106. Not sure which is the best model. I'm located in San Diego City which I am able to listen to SDPD no problem. But the other agencies I am not able to. So I would like a good scanner that will do this for me. Also are they simple to program.

          Please feel free to email me at sdboy202@...

          Thanks
        • Clark Rennie
          It s XT not XLT. None of newer full featured scanners are easy to program when compared to the old Bank concept but there is lots of software to ease the
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 4 10:42 AM
          • 0 Attachment
            It's XT not XLT. None of newer full featured scanners are easy to program
            when compared to the old
            "Bank" concept but there is lots of software to ease the learning curve.
            I use and prefer the BCD396XT but I know nothing about the PRO 106. As this
            is a BCD396XT list, well, not sure if you'll receive too many comments on
            the 106.

            Clark


            At 09:44 AM 7/4/2010, you wrote:

            >Thank you. I am interested in a BCD 396XLT scanner as well as the pro106.
            >Not sure which is the best model. I'm located in San Diego City which I am
            >able to listen to SDPD no problem. But the other agencies I am not able
            >to. So I would like a good scanner that will do this for me. Also are they
            >simple to program.
            >
            >Please feel free to email me at sdboy202@...
            >
            >Thanks
          • johnstark
            There is no BCD396XLT but there is the XT John ... From: Matt To: Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 12:44 PM Subject:
            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 4 10:56 AM
            • 0 Attachment
              There is no BCD396XLT but there is the XT

              John


              ----- Original Message -----
              From: "Matt" <sdboy202@...>
              To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>
              Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 12:44 PM
              Subject: [BCD396XT] Newbie here


              > Thank you. I am interested in a BCD 396XLT scanner as well as the pro106.
              > Not sure which is the best model. I'm located in San Diego City which I am
              > able to listen to SDPD no problem. But the other agencies I am not able
              > to. So I would like a good scanner that will do this for me. Also are they
              > simple to program.
              >
              > Please feel free to email me at sdboy202@...
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              >
              >
              > ------------------------------------
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >
              >
              >
              >
            • eph39
              Please allow me to digress. I personally own a 396XT which I programmed by hand and have programmed two 396Ts also by hand for pay. Additionally, I have made
              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 4 11:09 AM
              • 0 Attachment
                Please allow me to digress. I personally own a 396XT which I programmed by hand and have programmed two 396Ts also by hand for pay. Additionally, I have made what I deem a valiant effort at programming a Digital Radio Shack scanner I believe was the Pro-96. I was never able to "get er done". There seems to be something more intuitive about the 396 which I find lacking in the RS scanner. Others feel differently and that's OK. If you opt for the XT you will discover a user guide CD disc not a manual which I don't like. The other comes with a book. Nevertheless, I recommend the XT. If you buy the 396 please feel free to contact me directly and I will assist you in the programming process. I highly recommend you learn to program your scanner by hand. This way you can do stuff "on the fly" because you know your scanner.

                James

                --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <sdboy202@...> wrote:
                >
                > Thank you. I am interested in a BCD 396XLT scanner as well as the pro106. Not sure which is the best model. I'm located in San Diego City which I am able to listen to SDPD no problem. But the other agencies I am not able to. So I would like a good scanner that will do this for me. Also are they simple to program.
                >
                > Please feel free to email me at sdboy202@...
                >
                > Thanks
                >
              • shgee@aol.com
                Hi Matt! Welcome to the group! The 396XT is a great scanner. I love mine and consider it the best scanner I have ever owned. As mentioned, it like all late
                Message 7 of 29 , Jul 4 12:03 PM
                • 0 Attachment
                  Hi Matt!

                  Welcome to the group! The 396XT is a great scanner. I love mine and
                  consider it the best scanner I have ever owned. As mentioned, it like
                  all late generation scanners are not generally easy to program. I'd
                  say that the good majority of owners of these scanners use software
                  packages for programming their units. The group archives will yield a
                  great amount of discussion on what is available. If you do get a
                  396XT, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!


                  Scott

                  -----Original Message-----
                  From: Matt <sdboy202@...>
                  To: BCD396XT <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>
                  Sent: Sun, Jul 4, 2010 1:12 pm
                  Subject: [BCD396XT] Newbie here


                  Thank you. I am interested in a BCD 396XLT scanner as well as the
                  pro106. Not sure which is the best model. I'm located in San Diego City
                  which I am able to listen to SDPD no problem. But the other agencies I
                  am not able to. So I would like a good scanner that will do this for
                  me. Also are they simple to program.

                  Please feel free to email me at sdboy202@...

                  Thanks
                • Jeff Miller
                  I have the GRE-PSR500 which is the same as one of the Radio Shack handhelds. I just can t remember which one. I also I have the Uniden BCD396XT.  I use the
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jul 4 1:12 PM
                  • 0 Attachment
                    I have the GRE-PSR500 which is the same as one of the Radio Shack handhelds. I just can't remember which one. I also I have the Uniden BCD396XT.  I use the 396XT for my main listening and have the GRE scanner to scan local PD.  Since you are in a big city (San Diego), I'd definitely go with the 396XT since the interference rejection is significantly better than GRE/Radio Shack Digital Scanners.

                    .

                    --- On Sun, 7/4/10, Matt <sdboy202@...> wrote:

                    From: Matt <sdboy202@...>
                    Subject: [BCD396XT] Newbie here
                    To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Sunday, July 4, 2010, 12:44 PM







                     









                    Thank you. I am interested in a BCD 396XLT scanner as well as the pro106. Not sure which is the best model. I'm located in San Diego City which I am able to listen to SDPD no problem. But the other agencies I am not able to. So I would like a good scanner that will do this for me. Also are they simple to program.



                    Please feel free to email me at sdboy202@...



                    Thanks

























                    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  • eph39
                    Another excellent point. When attempting to program the Radio Shack Scanner I compared it with the feed which was online for Jacksonville FL and both scanners
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jul 4 1:26 PM
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Another excellent point. When attempting to program the Radio Shack Scanner I compared it with the feed which was online for Jacksonville FL and both scanners picked up the same unwanted interference on the same radio system and same talkgroups. The XT doesn't have the same problem.
                      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Miller <jafarm66@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > I have the GRE-PSR500 which is the same as one of the Radio Shack handhelds. I just can't remember which one. I also I have the Uniden BCD396XT.  I use the 396XT for my main listening and have the GRE scanner to scan local PD.  Since you are in a big city (San Diego), I'd definitely go with the 396XT since the interference rejection is significantly better than GRE/Radio Shack Digital Scanners.
                      >
                      > .
                      >
                      > --- On Sun, 7/4/10, Matt <sdboy202@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > From: Matt <sdboy202@...>
                      > Subject: [BCD396XT] Newbie here
                      > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                      > Date: Sunday, July 4, 2010, 12:44 PM
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >  
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > Thank you. I am interested in a BCD 396XLT scanner as well as the pro106. Not sure which is the best model. I'm located in San Diego City which I am able to listen to SDPD no problem. But the other agencies I am not able to. So I would like a good scanner that will do this for me. Also are they simple to program.
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > Please feel free to email me at sdboy202@...
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > Thanks
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                      >
                    • John Sweetwhip
                      Thanks for the information. I am interested in the BCD 396XT model. Now, they are able to pick up the San Diego County Sheriff, CHP, Cal Fire, and etc right.
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jul 4 3:21 PM
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Thanks for the information. I am interested in the BCD 396XT model. Now, they are able to pick up the San Diego County Sheriff, CHP, Cal Fire, and etc right. Also what is the different betweem splinter na normal and how would I know when to use this feature. Last question where can I pick up a current list of the frequencys. I know San Diego switch all of the ID and SDPD also getting ready to do s.


                        Thank


                        sdboy202@...
                        ----- Original Message -----
                        From: Clark Rennie
                        To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                        Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 10:42 AM
                        Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Newbie here



                        It's XT not XLT. None of newer full featured scanners are easy to program
                        when compared to the old
                        "Bank" concept but there is lots of software to ease the learning curve.
                        I use and prefer the BCD396XT but I know nothing about the PRO 106. As this
                        is a BCD396XT list, well, not sure if you'll receive too many comments on
                        the 106.

                        Clark

                        At 09:44 AM 7/4/2010, you wrote:

                        >Thank you. I am interested in a BCD 396XLT scanner as well as the pro106.
                        >Not sure which is the best model. I'm located in San Diego City which I am
                        >able to listen to SDPD no problem. But the other agencies I am not able
                        >to. So I would like a good scanner that will do this for me. Also are they
                        >simple to program.
                        >
                        >Please feel free to email me at sdboy202@...
                        >
                        >Thanks





                        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                      • Clark Rennie
                        I agree with James opinion of programming some RS (GRE) scanners. I did have a PSR 500 and sold it. Even though I was able to use software to program it. I
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jul 4 4:44 PM
                        • 0 Attachment
                          I agree with James opinion of programming some RS (GRE) scanners. I did
                          have a PSR 500 and sold it.
                          Even though I was able to use software to program it. I found it somewhat
                          difficult to use.
                          No doubt the PRO 106 is cheaper (now at Radio Shack for $379.99).

                          http://marksscanners.com/index.shtml will soon have an easier to read (per
                          his site) manual.
                          I really don't care for the Wiki format for manuals (as Uniden now has adopted)
                          The BCD396T is very similar to the XT and that manual is available to
                          download at Unidens site.

                          Also, go the files section of this group and download this file:
                          <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cBIxTLfwEVTZ7xYWIVoVbiRiHwdDNjM5jqizmNlaPH6TZqtmD1lgTnycmLAudV5PC-U14wo_OkQjHyqsQ1juDnNoPMkNvsPFMLWI/Update_for_BCD396XT_and_BCD996XT.pdf>Update_for_BCD396XT_and_BCD996XT.pdf


                          Clark
                          At 11:09 AM 7/4/2010, you wrote:

                          >Please allow me to digress. I personally own a 396XT which I programmed by
                          >hand and have programmed two 396Ts also by hand for pay. Additionally, I
                          >have made what I deem a valiant effort at programming a Digital Radio
                          >Shack scanner I believe was the Pro-96. I was never able to "get er done".
                          >There seems to be something more intuitive about the 396 which I find
                          >lacking in the RS scanner. Others feel differently and that's OK. If you
                          >opt for the XT you will discover a user guide CD disc not a manual which I
                          >don't like. The other comes with a book. Nevertheless, I recommend the XT.
                          >If you buy the 396 please feel free to contact me directly and I will
                          >assist you in the programming process. I highly recommend you learn to
                          >program your scanner by hand. This way you can do stuff "on the fly"
                          >because you know your scanner.
                          >
                          >James
                          >
                          >--- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <sdboy202@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Thank you. I am interested in a BCD 396XLT scanner as well as the
                          > pro106. Not sure which is the best model. I'm located in San Diego City
                          > which I am able to listen to SDPD no problem. But the other agencies I am
                          > not able to. So I would like a good scanner that will do this for me.
                          > Also are they simple to program.
                          > >
                          > > Please feel free to email me at sdboy202@...
                          > >
                          > > Thanks
                        • johnstark
                          Programming scanners is only as hard as you make it. It s really not that difficult but too many people over think things and make it harder. I don t think
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jul 4 4:56 PM
                          • 0 Attachment
                            Programming scanners is only as hard as you make it. It's really not that
                            difficult but too many people over think things and make it harder. I don't
                            think there has been a Uniden or GRE scanner including Radio Shack versions
                            I haven't programmed, and everyone I have learned the programming by
                            programming them manually. The first thing is READ the manual, not once but
                            two or three times while waiting for the scanner to arrive. There are
                            manuals online available for download. That way you know what your getting
                            into. Once you open it and turn it on program a conventional system and then
                            a trunked system by hand before doing anything with software....you probably
                            won't have software if your on the road so learn to program manually FIRST!
                            And don't over think things as you do it, don't get frustrated, just back up
                            and start again if you make a mistake and follow the manuals instructions.
                            It gets me how many think the manuals are too difficult to understand.....
                            when in fact they are easy IF you read them.

                            John

                            ----- Original Message -----
                            From: "Clark Rennie" <c.rennie1@...>
                            To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>
                            Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 7:44 PM
                            Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Newbie here


                            >I agree with James opinion of programming some RS (GRE) scanners. I did
                            > have a PSR 500 and sold it.
                            > Even though I was able to use software to program it. I found it somewhat
                            > difficult to use.
                            > No doubt the PRO 106 is cheaper (now at Radio Shack for $379.99).
                            >
                            > http://marksscanners.com/index.shtml will soon have an easier to read (per
                            > his site) manual.
                            > I really don't care for the Wiki format for manuals (as Uniden now has
                            > adopted)
                            > The BCD396T is very similar to the XT and that manual is available to
                            > download at Unidens site.
                            >
                            > Also, go the files section of this group and download this file:
                            > <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cBIxTLfwEVTZ7xYWIVoVbiRiHwdDNjM5jqizmNlaPH6TZqtmD1lgTnycmLAudV5PC-U14wo_OkQjHyqsQ1juDnNoPMkNvsPFMLWI/Update_for_BCD396XT_and_BCD996XT.pdf>Update_for_BCD396XT_and_BCD996XT.pdf
                            >
                            >
                            > Clark
                            > At 11:09 AM 7/4/2010, you wrote:
                            >
                            >>Please allow me to digress. I personally own a 396XT which I programmed by
                            >>hand and have programmed two 396Ts also by hand for pay. Additionally, I
                            >>have made what I deem a valiant effort at programming a Digital Radio
                            >>Shack scanner I believe was the Pro-96. I was never able to "get er done".
                            >>There seems to be something more intuitive about the 396 which I find
                            >>lacking in the RS scanner. Others feel differently and that's OK. If you
                            >>opt for the XT you will discover a user guide CD disc not a manual which I
                            >>don't like. The other comes with a book. Nevertheless, I recommend the XT.
                            >>If you buy the 396 please feel free to contact me directly and I will
                            >>assist you in the programming process. I highly recommend you learn to
                            >>program your scanner by hand. This way you can do stuff "on the fly"
                            >>because you know your scanner.
                            >>
                            >>James
                            >>
                            >>--- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <sdboy202@...> wrote:
                            >> >
                            >> > Thank you. I am interested in a BCD 396XLT scanner as well as the
                            >> pro106. Not sure which is the best model. I'm located in San Diego City
                            >> which I am able to listen to SDPD no problem. But the other agencies I am
                            >> not able to. So I would like a good scanner that will do this for me.
                            >> Also are they simple to program.
                            >> >
                            >> > Please feel free to email me at sdboy202@...
                            >> >
                            >> > Thanks
                            >
                            >
                            >
                            >
                            > ------------------------------------
                            >
                            > Yahoo! Groups Links
                            >
                            >
                            >
                            >
                          • Clark Rennie
                            One other thing to consider, while the PRO106 might appear to be much cheaper, the price doesn t include a programming cable or a power adapter (which are not
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jul 4 5:24 PM
                            • 0 Attachment
                              One other thing to consider, while the PRO106 might appear to be much
                              cheaper, the price doesn't include a programming cable or a power adapter
                              (which are not cheap) as the Uniden scanners do.

                              Clark


                              At 09:44 AM 7/4/2010, you wrote:

                              >Thank you. I am interested in a BCD 396XLT scanner as well as the pro106.
                              >Not sure which is the best model. I'm located in San Diego City which I am
                              >able to listen to SDPD no problem. But the other agencies I am not able
                              >to. So I would like a good scanner that will do this for me. Also are they
                              >simple to program.
                              >
                              >Please feel free to email me at sdboy202@...
                              >
                              >Thanks
                            • John Sweetwhip
                              I found out this afternoon. I have decided on the BCD 396 XLT, is the price reasonable? Thank ... From: Clark Rennie To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday,
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jul 4 5:45 PM
                              • 0 Attachment
                                I found out this afternoon. I have decided on the BCD 396 XLT, is the price reasonable?

                                Thank


                                ----- Original Message -----
                                From: Clark Rennie
                                To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 5:24 PM
                                Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Newbie here



                                One other thing to consider, while the PRO106 might appear to be much
                                cheaper, the price doesn't include a programming cable or a power adapter
                                (which are not cheap) as the Uniden scanners do.

                                Clark

                                At 09:44 AM 7/4/2010, you wrote:

                                >Thank you. I am interested in a BCD 396XLT scanner as well as the pro106.
                                >Not sure which is the best model. I'm located in San Diego City which I am
                                >able to listen to SDPD no problem. But the other agencies I am not able
                                >to. So I would like a good scanner that will do this for me. Also are they
                                >simple to program.
                                >
                                >Please feel free to email me at sdboy202@...
                                >
                                >Thanks





                                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                              • Jeff Miller
                                I ve seen it for 495.00 at ScannerMaster which is a good price. Not sure what other stores are charging at this time. Here are 3 very good online stores for
                                Message 15 of 29 , Jul 4 6:31 PM
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  I've seen it for 495.00 at ScannerMaster which is a good price. Not sure what other stores are charging at this time.

                                  Here are 3 very good online stores for scanners:

                                  www.grove-ent.com
                                  www.scannermaster.com
                                  www.universal-radio.com


                                  --- On Sun, 7/4/10, John Sweetwhip <sdboy202@...> wrote:

                                  From: John Sweetwhip <sdboy202@...>
                                  Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Newbie here
                                  To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Sunday, July 4, 2010, 8:45 PM







                                   









                                  I found out this afternoon. I have decided on the BCD 396 XLT, is the price reasonable?



                                  Thank



                                  ----- Original Message -----

                                  From: Clark Rennie

                                  To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

                                  Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 5:24 PM

                                  Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Newbie here



                                  One other thing to consider, while the PRO106 might appear to be much

                                  cheaper, the price doesn't include a programming cable or a power adapter

                                  (which are not cheap) as the Uniden scanners do.



                                  Clark



                                  At 09:44 AM 7/4/2010, you wrote:



                                  >Thank you. I am interested in a BCD 396XLT scanner as well as the pro106.

                                  >Not sure which is the best model. I'm located in San Diego City which I am

                                  >able to listen to SDPD no problem. But the other agencies I am not able

                                  >to. So I would like a good scanner that will do this for me. Also are they

                                  >simple to program.

                                  >

                                  >Please feel free to email me at sdboy202@...

                                  >

                                  >Thanks



                                  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

























                                  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                • eph39
                                  In regards to frequencies probably the best resource I am aware of is Radio Reference Database. When you have the scanner in-hand I would be willing to assist
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jul 4 7:13 PM
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    In regards to frequencies probably the best resource I am aware of is Radio Reference Database. When you have the scanner in-hand I would be willing to assist you in the programming process. Just contact me via email. However, it would be accomplished quicker over the phone.

                                    --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Miller <jafarm66@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > I've seen it for 495.00 at ScannerMaster which is a good price. Not sure what other stores are charging at this time.
                                    >
                                    > Here are 3 very good online stores for scanners:
                                    >
                                    > www.grove-ent.com
                                    > www.scannermaster.com
                                    > www.universal-radio.com
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > --- On Sun, 7/4/10, John Sweetwhip <sdboy202@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > From: John Sweetwhip <sdboy202@...>
                                    > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Newbie here
                                    > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                    > Date: Sunday, July 4, 2010, 8:45 PM
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >  
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > I found out this afternoon. I have decided on the BCD 396 XLT, is the price reasonable?
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > Thank
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > ----- Original Message -----
                                    >
                                    > From: Clark Rennie
                                    >
                                    > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                    >
                                    > Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 5:24 PM
                                    >
                                    > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Newbie here
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > One other thing to consider, while the PRO106 might appear to be much
                                    >
                                    > cheaper, the price doesn't include a programming cable or a power adapter
                                    >
                                    > (which are not cheap) as the Uniden scanners do.
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > Clark
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > At 09:44 AM 7/4/2010, you wrote:
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > >Thank you. I am interested in a BCD 396XLT scanner as well as the pro106.
                                    >
                                    > >Not sure which is the best model. I'm located in San Diego City which I am
                                    >
                                    > >able to listen to SDPD no problem. But the other agencies I am not able
                                    >
                                    > >to. So I would like a good scanner that will do this for me. Also are they
                                    >
                                    > >simple to program.
                                    >
                                    > >
                                    >
                                    > >Please feel free to email me at sdboy202@...
                                    >
                                    > >
                                    >
                                    > >Thanks
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                    >
                                  • Richard Victor
                                    RadioReference.com should have the latest frequency information and that information will tell you if a particular system is a splinter system.
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jul 4 7:59 PM
                                    • 0 Attachment
                                      RadioReference.com should have the latest frequency information and that
                                      information will tell you if a particular system is a splinter system.

                                      On 7/4/2010 5:21 PM, John Sweetwhip wrote:
                                      > Thanks for the information. I am interested in the BCD 396XT model. Now, they are able to pick up the San Diego County Sheriff, CHP, Cal Fire, and etc right. Also what is the different betweem splinter na normal and how would I know when to use this feature. Last question where can I pick up a current list of the frequencys. I know San Diego switch all of the ID and SDPD also getting ready to do s.
                                      >
                                      > Thank
                                      >
                                      > sdboy202@...
                                      > ----- Original Message -----
                                      > From: Clark Rennie
                                      > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                      > Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 10:42 AM
                                      > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Newbie here
                                      >
                                      > It's XT not XLT. None of newer full featured scanners are easy to program
                                      > when compared to the old
                                      > "Bank" concept but there is lots of software to ease the learning curve.
                                      > I use and prefer the BCD396XT but I know nothing about the PRO 106. As this
                                      > is a BCD396XT list, well, not sure if you'll receive too many comments on
                                      > the 106.
                                      >
                                      > Clark
                                      >
                                      > At 09:44 AM 7/4/2010, you wrote:
                                      >
                                      > >Thank you. I am interested in a BCD 396XLT scanner as well as the pro106.
                                      > >Not sure which is the best model. I'm located in San Diego City which I am
                                      > >able to listen to SDPD no problem. But the other agencies I am not able
                                      > >to. So I would like a good scanner that will do this for me. Also are they
                                      > >simple to program.
                                      > >
                                      > >Please feel free to email me at sdboy202@...
                                      > >
                                      > >Thanks
                                    • Clark Rennie
                                      usascan.com has them for $499.95 which is delivered price (includes S & H). Clark
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jul 4 9:00 PM
                                      • 0 Attachment
                                        usascan.com has them for $499.95 which is delivered price (includes S & H).

                                        Clark


                                        At 06:31 PM 7/4/2010, you wrote:

                                        >I've seen it for 495.00 at ScannerMaster which is a good price. Not sure
                                        >what other stores are charging at this time.
                                        >
                                        >Here are 3 very good online stores for scanners:
                                        >
                                        >www.grove-ent.com
                                        >www.scannermaster.com
                                        >www.universal-radio.com
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >--- On Sun, 7/4/10, John Sweetwhip <sdboy202@...> wrote:
                                        >
                                        >From: John Sweetwhip <sdboy202@...>
                                        >Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Newbie here
                                        >To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                        >Date: Sunday, July 4, 2010, 8:45 PM
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >

                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        > I found out this afternoon. I have decided on the BCD 396 XLT, is
                                        > the price reasonable?
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >Thank
                                      • John Sweetwhip
                                        Thanks. ... From: Clark Rennie To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 9:00 PM Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Newbie here usascan.com has them for
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jul 4 9:01 PM
                                        • 0 Attachment
                                          Thanks.


                                          ----- Original Message -----
                                          From: Clark Rennie
                                          To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                          Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 9:00 PM
                                          Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Newbie here



                                          usascan.com has them for $499.95 which is delivered price (includes S & H).

                                          Clark

                                          At 06:31 PM 7/4/2010, you wrote:

                                          >I've seen it for 495.00 at ScannerMaster which is a good price. Not sure
                                          >what other stores are charging at this time.
                                          >
                                          >Here are 3 very good online stores for scanners:
                                          >
                                          >www.grove-ent.com
                                          >www.scannermaster.com
                                          >www.universal-radio.com
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >--- On Sun, 7/4/10, John Sweetwhip <sdboy202@...> wrote:
                                          >
                                          >From: John Sweetwhip <sdboy202@...>
                                          >Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Newbie here
                                          >To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                          >Date: Sunday, July 4, 2010, 8:45 PM
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >

                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          > I found out this afternoon. I have decided on the BCD 396 XLT, is
                                          > the price reasonable?
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >Thank





                                          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.