Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Quick Search Searches Too Fast ???

  • dmccorm@charter.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
      > Time to read more. I'm a ways before using the trunking feature but I'm not frustrated by that fact.

      Ken, what you need to do is experiment and then you'll know how it works. Your not going to break it. You can always back up your programming with FreeSCAN and then re-initialize your radio if you mess things up then reload what worked the last time. If you need it, to re-initialize your radio press and hold 2,9, and Hold, power on the scanner to re-initialize the Memory and restore the Preloaded systems. When it asks do you wish to restore the preloaded systems press the E/Yes key otherwise ". No" to just clear the programming. WARNING This will erase any personal programming you may have done to your DMA.

      Did you look at the preloaded systems? One of them could be close to you and already include the Trunked system nearby: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCD396XT#Preloaded_Systems_and_their_System_Quick_Keys

      Take a look at the article that UPMan wrote on how to set-up your systems:
      http://www.grove-ent.com/SCANNERPROGRAMMING.htm