MPT 1327 / 1343

  • Wayne
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 21, 2009
      How's about Uniden make the 396XT to be the first scanner on the market that is capable of receiving and following the Motorola MPT 1327 / 1343 trunking network.

      The MPT network seems to be the only trunked system that is not covered by today's scanners and yet it is so widley used it's as common as it's been around since 1988.

      Surley it's not hard for a new scanner to do this it should be a walk in the park considering all the other things scanners can do today including all the other trunking network they are capable of monitoring and following.

      Regards
      Wayne

    • johnstark
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 21, 2009
        Common? Not common here or anywhere I have traveled the past couple years.
        It's more common overseas though. Here in Indiana we have a total of two
        businesses that use it, and I don't know of any public safety systems in the
        States who use it so it can't be too common.

        > How's about Uniden make the 396XT to be the first scanner on the market
        > that is capable of receiving and following the Motorola MPT 1327 / 1343
        > trunking network.
        >
        > The MPT network seems to be the only trunked system that is not covered by
        > today's scanners and yet it is so widley used it's as common as it's been
        > around since 1988.
        >
        > Surley it's not hard for a new scanner to do this it should be a walk in
        > the park considering all the other things scanners can do today including
        > all the other trunking network they are capable of monitoring and
        > following.
        >

        > Regards
        > Wayne

      • Dan Danz
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 21, 2009
          Note the original poster's email address, John.

          He's from Australia, where it *IS* common.

          ________________

          Dan Danz (WA5SKM)

          Fountain Hills AZ

          > How's about Uniden make the 396XT to be the first scanner on the market
          > that is capable of receiving and following the Motorola MPT 1327 / 1343
          > trunking network.
          >
          > The MPT network seems to be the only trunked system that is not covered by
          > today's scanners and yet it is so widley used it's as common as it's been
          > around since 1988.
          >
          > Surley it's not hard for a new scanner to do this it should be a walk in
          > the park considering all the other things scanners can do today including
          > all the other trunking network they are capable of monitoring and
          > following.
          >

          > Regards
          > Wayne

        • Wayne
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 21, 2009
            Thank you Dan it's is also very widely used both in the U.K. and right through Europe.

            Regards
            Wayne.

            > How's about Uniden make the 396XT to be the first scanner on the market
            > that is capable of receiving and following the Motorola MPT 1327 / 1343
            > trunking network.
            >
            > The MPT network seems to be the only trunked system that is not covered by
            > today's scanners and yet it is so widley used it's as common as it's been
            > around since 1988.
            >
            > Surley it's not hard for a new scanner to do this it should be a walk in
            > the park considering all the other things scanners can do today including
            > all the other trunking network they are capable of monitoring and
            > following.
            >

            > Regards
            > Wayne

          • johnstark
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 21, 2009
              Note what I said about OVERSEAS too Joe

              SHEESH!

              > Note the original poster's email address, John.
              >

              > He's from Australia, where it *IS* common.
              >

              > ________________
              >
              > Dan Danz (WA5SKM)
              >
              > Fountain Hills AZ

            • johnstark
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 21, 2009
                Sorry, thought ot was Joe... Dan re-read what I said...

                > Note the original poster's email address, John.
                >

                > He's from Australia, where it *IS* common.
                >

                > ________________
                >
                > Dan Danz (WA5SKM)
                >
                > Fountain Hills AZ

              • MRI
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 22, 2009
                  Yes this feature would be most welcome in europe and uk where we have been crying out for this
                  Melv

                  Wayne wrote:
                  > How's about Uniden make the 396XT to be the first scanner on the market that is capable of receiving and following the Motorola MPT 1327 / 1343 trunking network.
                  > The MPT network seems to be the only trunked system that is not covered by today's scanners and yet it is so widley used it's as common as it's been around since 1988.
                  > Surley it's not hard for a new scanner to do this it should be a walk in the park considering all the other things scanners can do today including all the other trunking network they are capable of monitoring and following.
                  > Regards
                  > Wayne

                • MRI
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 22, 2009
                    Common in the rest of the world! Motorola bullied them out of the states

                    johnstark wrote:
                    > Common? Not common here or anywhere I have traveled the past couple years.
                    > It's more common overseas though. Here in Indiana we have a total of two
                    > businesses that use it, and I don't know of any public safety systems in the
                    > States who use it so it can't be too common.
                    > John

                  • MRI
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 22, 2009
                      Asia too!