Re: [BCD396XT] Decoding simulcast P25 systems

    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 21, 2009
      Yes, it can allow for additional signal loss and signal ingress, but
      compared to the 'ingress' at the antenna it's negligible. I just don't
      see the relationship that poor coax = more overload. If anything, the
      signal loss would reduce the overload potential.

      There is a valid argument that better coax = more overload since there
      would be more signal present.

      Joe M.

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 25, 2009
        A little OT, but what brand of microwaves? We run Harris Constellations
        and while they normally run between 50 and 80 degrees ambient temps,
        we've had them run fine as low as 35 degrees in the site.

        Mike

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 25, 2009
          I have no clue, but they failed when it was between 10 above and -12 with
          wind chills as low -35