Re: [BCD396XT] Re: P25 PII

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
      Only if they have Phase II capable radios (and correctly programmed).
      Most likely they will not.

      Joe M.

    • dmccorm@charter.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
        I've also been reading that this system is proprietary for now, meaning that no scanner will be able to track it on the TDMA side as it is currently configured. Not to mention this is only system of it's type, that will eventually be converted to the completed phase II standard sometime in the future.

        TDMA is an interesting concept for truniking:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_division_multiple_access

        ---- MCH <mch@...> wrote:
        > Only if they have Phase II capable radios (and correctly programmed).
        > Most likely they will not.
        >
        > Joe M.
        >
        > shelleysh1@... wrote:
        > > Oh, and P.S. Will adjoining counties and agencies be able to communicate with Prince George County once the new system is fully operational?
      • Dewey
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
          Yes on the no answer from the radio standpoint, but can't patches be set up
          at the console?

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
            True, but patches can even be made to CB channels from a technical
            standpoint, so I never count patches as a valid answer to "Can A
            communicate with B" questions. Patches can link anything.

            Joe M.