Re: P25 PII

  • shelleysh1@att.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
      Hi Dewey,
      Looks as though your Prince George CO, MD P25 TDMA/FDMA System is getting off to a good start! Even a schedule now in place to begin the changeover starting this month - Wow!

      I hope you give us updates as to how much you're able to monitor and I'll be especially interested in how well the system is working. Here in St. Louis County, and surrounding counties, there will be new radio systems going in over the next few years. I have little doubt it will be based on this technology. Thus I'm interested in how well it's working up there!

      Shell

      Oh, and P.S. Will adjoining counties and agencies be able to communicate with Prince George County once the new system is fully operational?

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
        Only if they have Phase II capable radios (and correctly programmed).
        Most likely they will not.

        Joe M.

      • dmccorm@charter.net
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
          I've also been reading that this system is proprietary for now, meaning that no scanner will be able to track it on the TDMA side as it is currently configured. Not to mention this is only system of it's type, that will eventually be converted to the completed phase II standard sometime in the future.

          TDMA is an interesting concept for truniking:
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_division_multiple_access

          ---- MCH <mch@...> wrote:
          > Only if they have Phase II capable radios (and correctly programmed).
          > Most likely they will not.
          >
          > Joe M.
          >
          > shelleysh1@... wrote:
          > > Oh, and P.S. Will adjoining counties and agencies be able to communicate with Prince George County once the new system is fully operational?
        • Dewey
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
            Yes on the no answer from the radio standpoint, but can't patches be set up
            at the console?

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
              True, but patches can even be made to CB channels from a technical
              standpoint, so I never count patches as a valid answer to "Can A
              communicate with B" questions. Patches can link anything.

              Joe M.