RE: [BCD396XT] "Handling" Talkgroup Patches

  • Dan Danz
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
      Well, I'm pretty sure I was wrong about how this works with the latest firmware
      versions (for 996 at least.still waiting to confirm with XT). It *used to* be
      that way, but Paul says he thinks it was fixed, and I'm inclined to agree.

      At least for multi-select, I heard a hot call being broadcast with the voice of
      the INFO operator, but I *did not* have INFO selected, and I heard the hot call
      on one of the main talk groups, which I *did* have selected. That's exactly
      the behavior I want.

      Note that I'm talking about multi-select broadcasts. I'm not 100% certain how
      it works on patched channels. It's not something we do with regularity on the
      Maricopa P16. Phoenix does it a lot on their P25 -- I'll have to pay attention
      when I'm in range tomorrow.

      What, specifically, do you see/hear Mike?

      ________________

      Dan Danz (WA5SKM)

      Fountain Hills AZ

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
        Is it possible to make the ATT feature adjustable through the software in
        this rig? To me 20 db is just to much for me 10 would be much better
        setting for me and my location.

        73

        Mike

        Arizona

      • johnstark
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
          Nope..... answered on another list....

          > Is it possible to make the ATT feature adjustable through the software in
          > this rig? To me 20 db is just to much for me 10 would be much better
          > setting for me and my location.
          >

          > 73
          >
          > Mike
          >
          > Arizona

        • Mike Curtis (KC)
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2008
            Just saw it happen on my 996 right now running firmware v3 ...

            On the Illinois Starcom21 P25 system, a patch showing in Pro96Com as
            9019->9055 with audio only coming out on 9055.

            I would add a strong "second" to this recommendation.

            I have to listen to lots of unwanted 10-27/10-28/10-29 queries on the
            INFO
            channel just in case it gets chosen for sending HOT traffic .. which it
            frequently does, because at MCSO in Phoenix, it's the INFO operator who
            multi-selects all the other channels and broadcasts the alert for the
            hot call
            ..

            Dan Danz (WA5SKM)

            Fountain Hills AZ