Re: recommendations for a mobile antenna

  • w2edv
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 19, 2009
      Thank you all for your replies. I ordered the Larsen tri-bander and a Diamond NMO mount. After I ordered the mount, however, I realized I might have erred in that I probably shouldn't mount the Larsen on my rear hatch, as my TM-D710 transmits on a Comet dual-band stick on the other side of my rear hatch (the 2 antennas would be ~5 ft apart). I transmit APRS packets as I drive, so the TX is keyed every couple of minutes. I may desense the 396XT.

      So, I will wait to receive the Diamond mount (K412SNMO)and eyeball it to see if I can use it on the lip of the hood. If I can, great; if not, I'll return it to Universal and order a more suitable mount. When I called this morning, Universal had already shipped it, so I might need to go the RMA route.

      73
      earl
      w2edv