Additional Custom search ranges needed please!

  • scannerland780
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
      I love my 396 and 996 but I would like a little more of a good
      feature. I would like to see 20 custom search ranges instead of 10.
      Now I have:
      VHF HI Search
      800SMR Control channel only
      FED VHF LO FM
      FED VHF LO AM
      FED VHF HI FM
      MIL AIR
      MIL TRUNK 380-400 CC only mode
      VHF HI TRUNK
      UHF 450
      UHF FED CC

      I would also like to add additional ones that I can zero in on bands
      where I know what I am looking for like:
      FED UHF conventional
      HAM 2M only search
      900Mhz ham band
      1240Mhz ham band
      T Band search
      700mhz (eventually)

      Currently I have to change it up depending on where I travel but I
      would like to be able to have them all available all the time. I know
      it is needy but it sure would be nice! :)
      Thanks for the good work Paul! Keep it up!
    • bigfella237
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2008
        I could be mistaken as I've never had the need (and once again it's
        getting a little off-topic for this group) but doesn't the ARC
        software allow you to re-program the pre-programmed searches? That
        would give you the extra search ranges you need?

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "scannerland780" <humv@...> wrote:

        > I love my 396 and 996 but I would like a little more of a good
        > feature. I would like to see 20 custom search ranges instead of 10.
        > Now I have:
        > VHF HI Search
        > 800SMR Control channel only
        > FED VHF LO FM
        > FED VHF LO AM
        > FED VHF HI FM
        > MIL AIR
        > MIL TRUNK 380-400 CC only mode
        > VHF HI TRUNK
        > UHF 450
        > UHF FED CC
        >
        > I would also like to add additional ones that I can zero in on bands
        > where I know what I am looking for like:
        > FED UHF conventional
        > HAM 2M only search
        > 900Mhz ham band
        > 1240Mhz ham band
        > T Band search
        > 700mhz (eventually)
        >
        > Currently I have to change it up depending on where I travel but I
        > would like to be able to have them all available all the time. I
        know
        > it is needy but it sure would be nice! :)
        > Thanks for the good work Paul! Keep it up!

      • Paul Opitz
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 28, 2008
          The preprogrammed searches (Aircraft, Public Safety, Marine, Railroad, etc) are all fixed in the scanner's ROM and are not editable.

          I could be mistaken as I've never had the need (and once again it's
          getting a little off-topic for this group) but doesn't the ARC
          software allow you to re-program the pre-programmed searches? That
          would give you the extra search ranges you need?

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroup s.com, "scannerland780" <humv@...> wrote:

          > I love my 396 and 996 but I would like a little more of a good
          > feature. I would like to see 20 custom search ranges instead of 10.
          > Now I have:
          > VHF HI Search
          > 800SMR Control channel only
          > FED VHF LO FM
          > FED VHF LO AM
          > FED VHF HI FM
          > MIL AIR
          > MIL TRUNK 380-400 CC only mode
          > VHF HI TRUNK
          > UHF 450
          > UHF FED CC
          >
          > I would also like to add additional ones that I can zero in on bands
          > where I know what I am looking for like:
          > FED UHF conventional
          > HAM 2M only search
          > 900Mhz ham band
          > 1240Mhz ham band
          > T Band search
          > 700mhz (eventually)
          >
          > Currently I have to change it up depending on where I travel but I
          > would like to be able to have them all available all the time. I
          know
          > it is needy but it sure would be nice! :)
          > Thanks for the good work Paul! Keep it up!

        • just_a_radio_guy
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 11, 2008
            I agreed with topic starter. 10 Custom Searches not enough for me also.
            20 would be enough.

            Uniden, please, take it into consideration.