RE: [BCD396XT] Firmware Update Release

  • (no author)
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 9, 2009
      Thanks Dick, you the man as always. I should have know it was a twiki page. Firmware went without a hitch and is working great. I did uninstall the firmware utility and didn't' have to. If you used the firmware installer from the previous firmware update you don't need to download the firmware installer.

      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      From: Victor@...
      Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 20:23:28 -0600
      Subject: RE: [BCD396XT] Firmware Update Release

      http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/ScannerManuals

      Dick

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 9, 2009
        Hey everyone I did the update fine but have not noticed any changes to display unit ID screen even after I turned it on the settings. Will test again tomorrow. Any help appreciated. Thanks again. Happy scanning.

        From: Fred <djfred500@...>
        Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:52:51
        To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>

        Direct Link:
        http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate/BCD396XT_V1_08_14.zip

        On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 4:57 PM, jack sprat <bigdhoffman@...> wrote:

        > Can someone post a link, I do not see it on the uniden website.
        >
        > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>;
        > BCD996XT@yahoogroups.com <BCD996XT%40yahoogroups.com>
        > From: uniden.upman@... <uniden.upman%40yahoo.com>
        > Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:13:54 -0800
        > Subject: [BCD396XT] Firmware Update Release
        >
        > With the release of the updates, just want to remind you to ask your
        > questions in the open forums. I currently have limited internet connectivity
        > (for the next 10-12 hours, I will have no access to Yahoo! groups or email).
        > Lots of folks on the boards who can help you out with the common issues that
        > arise with performing the update. It could take me days to respond to a
        > direct request for help.
        >
        > UPMan

        [FReD]

      • RandyU
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 9, 2009
          I updated as well and tried to test it. According tot he documentation, you have to enable it on the scanner. See below:

          The Unit ID (UID) feature lets you see the unit ID of the radio currently transmitting on Motorola, EDACS, and APCO P25 systems. To see the Unit ID, you need to first turn on the global Unit ID option in the Settings menu.

          1. Press MENU.
          2. Scroll to SETTINGS and press E/yes.
          3. Scroll to Disp. Unit ID and press E/yes.
          4. Scroll to On and press E/yes.

          When turned on, in Display Modes 1 and 2 the scanner will alternate the current channel information and the Unit ID information in Line 2 of the display. In Display Mode 3, the scanner will display the Unit ID information on Line 3 of the display.

          If you program a Unit ID into a channel, you can assign an Alpha to the Unit ID. You program a Unit ID just like an iCall ID (press ./no then the Unit ID).

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, professormoriarty1979@... wrote:

          > Hey everyone I did the update fine but have not noticed any changes to display unit ID screen even after I turned it on the settings. Will test again tomorrow. Any help appreciated. Thanks again. Happy scanning.

          > From: Fred <djfred500@...>
          > Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:52:51
          > To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Firmware Update Release
          >
          > Direct Link:
          > http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate/BCD396XT_V1_08_14.zip
          >
          > On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 4:57 PM, jack sprat <bigdhoffman@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Can someone post a link, I do not see it on the uniden website.
          > >
          > > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>;
          > > BCD996XT@yahoogroups.com <BCD996XT%40yahoogroups.com>
          > > From: uniden.upman@... <uniden.upman%40yahoo.com>
          > > Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:13:54 -0800
          > > Subject: [BCD396XT] Firmware Update Release
          > >
          > > With the release of the updates, just want to remind you to ask your
          > > questions in the open forums. I currently have limited internet connectivity
          > > (for the next 10-12 hours, I will have no access to Yahoo! groups or email).
          > > Lots of folks on the boards who can help you out with the common issues that
          > > arise with performing the update. It could take me days to respond to a
          > > direct request for help.
          > >
          > > UPMan

          > --
          > [FReD]

        • Julio
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 10, 2009
            Yes, the update was good. I noticed that it only works with trunking systems though. Not on conventional channels. I could be mistaken but thats what I got on my radio. I really like this group, there is just so much to learn on this radio that it makes me even happier to own it.

          • pitboss1@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 10, 2009
              Where do I find the update and can I load it with my usb-1 . Thanks ... Pitboss.

              From: "Julio" <professormoriarty1979@...>
              Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:45:40
              To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Firmware Update Release

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 10, 2009
                What kind of conventional channels? Analog channels don't have UIDs.

                Joe M.

                Julio wrote:
                > Yes, the update was good. I noticed that it only works with trunking systems though. Not on conventional channels. I could be mistaken but thats what I got on my radio. I really like this group, there is just so much to learn on this radio that it makes me even happier to own it.
                >
                > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "RandyU" <randybcd396t@...> wrote:
                >> I updated as well and tried to test it. According tot he documentation, you have to enable it on the scanner. See below:
                >>
                >> The Unit ID (UID) feature lets you see the unit ID of the radio currently transmitting on Motorola, EDACS, and APCO P25 systems. To see the Unit ID, you need to first turn on the global Unit ID option in the Settings menu.
                >>
                >> 1. Press MENU.
                >> 2. Scroll to SETTINGS and press E/yes.
                >> 3. Scroll to Disp. Unit ID and press E/yes.
                >> 4. Scroll to On and press E/yes.
                >>
                >> When turned on, in Display Modes 1 and 2 the scanner will alternate the current channel information and the Unit ID information in Line 2 of the display. In Display Mode 3, the scanner will display the Unit ID information on Line 3 of the display.
                >>
                >> If you program a Unit ID into a channel, you can assign an Alpha to the Unit ID. You program a Unit ID just like an iCall ID (press ./no then the Unit ID).
                >>
                >> --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, professormoriarty1979@ wrote:
                >>> Hey everyone I did the update fine but have not noticed any changes to display unit ID screen even after I turned it on the settings. Will test again tomorrow. Any help appreciated. Thanks again. Happy scanning.
                >>> Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

              • Robert Klamp
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 10, 2009
                  For p25 conventional ids put the frequency i a single freq trs and you get the unit ids and more..
                  Bob

                  Yes, the update was good. I noticed that it only works with trunking systems though. Not on conventional channels. I could be mistaken but thats what I got on my radio. I really like this group, there is just so much to learn on this radio that it makes me even happier to own it.

                  --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "RandyU" <randybcd396t@...> wrote:

                  > I updated as well and tried to test it. According tot he documentation, you have to enable it on the scanner. See below:
                  >
                  > The Unit ID (UID) feature lets you see the unit ID of the radio currently transmitting on Motorola, EDACS, and APCO P25 systems. To see the Unit ID, you need to first turn on the global Unit ID option in the Settings menu.
                  >
                  > 1. Press MENU.
                  > 2. Scroll to SETTINGS and press E/yes.
                  > 3. Scroll to Disp. Unit ID and press E/yes.
                  > 4. Scroll to On and press E/yes.
                  >
                  > When turned on, in Display Modes 1 and 2 the scanner will alternate the current channel information and the Unit ID information in Line 2 of the display. In Display Mode 3, the scanner will display the Unit ID information on Line 3 of the display.
                  >
                  > If you program a Unit ID into a channel, you can assign an Alpha to the Unit ID. You program a Unit ID just like an iCall ID (press ./no then the Unit ID).
                  >
                  > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, professormoriarty1979@ wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hey everyone I did the update fine but have not noticed any changes to display unit ID screen even after I turned it on the settings. Will test again tomorrow. Any help appreciated. Thanks again. Happy scanning.

                  =

                • Richard A. Victor
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 10, 2009
                    The link is below in this thread.

                    Yes, you can load it with your USB-1. Follow the directions exactly,
                    step by step.

                    Dick