Re: [BCD396XT] Firmware Update Release

  • Fred
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 9, 2009
      Direct Link:
      http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate/BCD396XT_V1_08_14.zip

      On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 4:57 PM, jack sprat <bigdhoffman@...> wrote:

      > Can someone post a link, I do not see it on the uniden website.
      >
      > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>;
      > BCD996XT@yahoogroups.com <BCD996XT%40yahoogroups.com>
      > From: uniden.upman@... <uniden.upman%40yahoo.com>
      > Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:13:54 -0800
      > Subject: [BCD396XT] Firmware Update Release
      >
      > With the release of the updates, just want to remind you to ask your
      > questions in the open forums. I currently have limited internet connectivity
      > (for the next 10-12 hours, I will have no access to Yahoo! groups or email).
      > Lots of folks on the boards who can help you out with the common issues that
      > arise with performing the update. It could take me days to respond to a
      > direct request for help.
      >
      > UPMan

      [FReD]

    • Jason W
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 9, 2009
        http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, jack sprat <bigdhoffman@...> wrote:

        > Can someone post a link, I do not see it on the uniden website.
        >
        > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com; BCD996XT@yahoogroups.com
        > From: uniden.upman@...
        > Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:13:54 -0800
        > Subject: [BCD396XT] Firmware Update Release

        > With the release of the updates, just want to remind you to ask your questions in the open forums. I currently have limited internet connectivity (for the next 10-12 hours, I will have no access to Yahoo! groups or email). Lots of folks on the boards who can help you out with the common issues that arise with performing the update. It could take me days to respond to a direct request for help.
        >
        > UPMan

      • (no author)
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 9, 2009
          Thanks Dick, you the man as always. I should have know it was a twiki page. Firmware went without a hitch and is working great. I did uninstall the firmware utility and didn't' have to. If you used the firmware installer from the previous firmware update you don't need to download the firmware installer.

          To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
          From: Victor@...
          Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 20:23:28 -0600
          Subject: RE: [BCD396XT] Firmware Update Release

          http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/ScannerManuals

          Dick

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 9, 2009
            Hey everyone I did the update fine but have not noticed any changes to display unit ID screen even after I turned it on the settings. Will test again tomorrow. Any help appreciated. Thanks again. Happy scanning.

            From: Fred <djfred500@...>
            Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:52:51
            To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>

            Direct Link:
            http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate/BCD396XT_V1_08_14.zip

            On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 4:57 PM, jack sprat <bigdhoffman@...> wrote:

            > Can someone post a link, I do not see it on the uniden website.
            >
            > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>;
            > BCD996XT@yahoogroups.com <BCD996XT%40yahoogroups.com>
            > From: uniden.upman@... <uniden.upman%40yahoo.com>
            > Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:13:54 -0800
            > Subject: [BCD396XT] Firmware Update Release
            >
            > With the release of the updates, just want to remind you to ask your
            > questions in the open forums. I currently have limited internet connectivity
            > (for the next 10-12 hours, I will have no access to Yahoo! groups or email).
            > Lots of folks on the boards who can help you out with the common issues that
            > arise with performing the update. It could take me days to respond to a
            > direct request for help.
            >
            > UPMan

            [FReD]

          • RandyU
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 9, 2009
              I updated as well and tried to test it. According tot he documentation, you have to enable it on the scanner. See below:

              The Unit ID (UID) feature lets you see the unit ID of the radio currently transmitting on Motorola, EDACS, and APCO P25 systems. To see the Unit ID, you need to first turn on the global Unit ID option in the Settings menu.

              1. Press MENU.
              2. Scroll to SETTINGS and press E/yes.
              3. Scroll to Disp. Unit ID and press E/yes.
              4. Scroll to On and press E/yes.

              When turned on, in Display Modes 1 and 2 the scanner will alternate the current channel information and the Unit ID information in Line 2 of the display. In Display Mode 3, the scanner will display the Unit ID information on Line 3 of the display.

              If you program a Unit ID into a channel, you can assign an Alpha to the Unit ID. You program a Unit ID just like an iCall ID (press ./no then the Unit ID).

              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, professormoriarty1979@... wrote:

              > Hey everyone I did the update fine but have not noticed any changes to display unit ID screen even after I turned it on the settings. Will test again tomorrow. Any help appreciated. Thanks again. Happy scanning.

              > From: Fred <djfred500@...>
              > Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:52:51
              > To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>
              > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Firmware Update Release
              >
              > Direct Link:
              > http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate/BCD396XT_V1_08_14.zip
              >
              > On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 4:57 PM, jack sprat <bigdhoffman@...> wrote:
              >

              > > Can someone post a link, I do not see it on the uniden website.
              > >
              > > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>;
              > > BCD996XT@yahoogroups.com <BCD996XT%40yahoogroups.com>
              > > From: uniden.upman@... <uniden.upman%40yahoo.com>
              > > Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:13:54 -0800
              > > Subject: [BCD396XT] Firmware Update Release
              > >
              > > With the release of the updates, just want to remind you to ask your
              > > questions in the open forums. I currently have limited internet connectivity
              > > (for the next 10-12 hours, I will have no access to Yahoo! groups or email).
              > > Lots of folks on the boards who can help you out with the common issues that
              > > arise with performing the update. It could take me days to respond to a
              > > direct request for help.
              > >
              > > UPMan

              > --
              > [FReD]

            • Julio
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 10, 2009
                Yes, the update was good. I noticed that it only works with trunking systems though. Not on conventional channels. I could be mistaken but thats what I got on my radio. I really like this group, there is just so much to learn on this radio that it makes me even happier to own it.

              • pitboss1@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 10, 2009
                  Where do I find the update and can I load it with my usb-1 . Thanks ... Pitboss.

                  From: "Julio" <professormoriarty1979@...>
                  Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:45:40
                  To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>
                  Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Firmware Update Release

                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 10, 2009
                    What kind of conventional channels? Analog channels don't have UIDs.

                    Joe M.

                    Julio wrote:
                    > Yes, the update was good. I noticed that it only works with trunking systems though. Not on conventional channels. I could be mistaken but thats what I got on my radio. I really like this group, there is just so much to learn on this radio that it makes me even happier to own it.
                    >
                    > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "RandyU" <randybcd396t@...> wrote:
                    >> I updated as well and tried to test it. According tot he documentation, you have to enable it on the scanner. See below:
                    >>
                    >> The Unit ID (UID) feature lets you see the unit ID of the radio currently transmitting on Motorola, EDACS, and APCO P25 systems. To see the Unit ID, you need to first turn on the global Unit ID option in the Settings menu.
                    >>
                    >> 1. Press MENU.
                    >> 2. Scroll to SETTINGS and press E/yes.
                    >> 3. Scroll to Disp. Unit ID and press E/yes.
                    >> 4. Scroll to On and press E/yes.
                    >>
                    >> When turned on, in Display Modes 1 and 2 the scanner will alternate the current channel information and the Unit ID information in Line 2 of the display. In Display Mode 3, the scanner will display the Unit ID information on Line 3 of the display.
                    >>
                    >> If you program a Unit ID into a channel, you can assign an Alpha to the Unit ID. You program a Unit ID just like an iCall ID (press ./no then the Unit ID).
                    >>
                    >> --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, professormoriarty1979@ wrote:
                    >>> Hey everyone I did the update fine but have not noticed any changes to display unit ID screen even after I turned it on the settings. Will test again tomorrow. Any help appreciated. Thanks again. Happy scanning.
                    >>> Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

                  • Robert Klamp
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 10, 2009
                      For p25 conventional ids put the frequency i a single freq trs and you get the unit ids and more..
                      Bob

                      Yes, the update was good. I noticed that it only works with trunking systems though. Not on conventional channels. I could be mistaken but thats what I got on my radio. I really like this group, there is just so much to learn on this radio that it makes me even happier to own it.

                      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "RandyU" <randybcd396t@...> wrote:

                      > I updated as well and tried to test it. According tot he documentation, you have to enable it on the scanner. See below:
                      >
                      > The Unit ID (UID) feature lets you see the unit ID of the radio currently transmitting on Motorola, EDACS, and APCO P25 systems. To see the Unit ID, you need to first turn on the global Unit ID option in the Settings menu.
                      >
                      > 1. Press MENU.
                      > 2. Scroll to SETTINGS and press E/yes.
                      > 3. Scroll to Disp. Unit ID and press E/yes.
                      > 4. Scroll to On and press E/yes.
                      >
                      > When turned on, in Display Modes 1 and 2 the scanner will alternate the current channel information and the Unit ID information in Line 2 of the display. In Display Mode 3, the scanner will display the Unit ID information on Line 3 of the display.
                      >
                      > If you program a Unit ID into a channel, you can assign an Alpha to the Unit ID. You program a Unit ID just like an iCall ID (press ./no then the Unit ID).
                      >
                      > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, professormoriarty1979@ wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hey everyone I did the update fine but have not noticed any changes to display unit ID screen even after I turned it on the settings. Will test again tomorrow. Any help appreciated. Thanks again. Happy scanning.

                      =

                    • Richard A. Victor
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 10, 2009
                        The link is below in this thread.

                        Yes, you can load it with your USB-1. Follow the directions exactly,
                        step by step.

                        Dick