Re: Batteries

  • mobnj
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 9, 2009
      I would agree, it's handy, nice and easy to utilize the internal charging circuitry along with the external power "cube" but when you can both afford the cost and the cubic volume (the size) of an external charger that's just about idiot proof, I decided to purchase the MAHA MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger-Analyzer. I felt it was/is justified in everyway to both insure I get the max. usage/life out of the batteries I use, insures that no matter where I am (mobile or home, etc.) as long as I have a source of Line/Mains Voltage or Automobile cigar-lighter socket, I can keep/charge any number of cells charged. It will do all that it can do (lots of modes, features) for any number of cells from one (1) to four (4) cells and do it independently for EACH cell. I could charge 1-cell, 2-cells, 3-cells, or all four at a time (even though the Uniden 396XT only uses three (3) AA-cells. It will charge NiCd or NiMH AA cells.

      Now, if you have need of charging more cells or differing sizes (AA, AAA, C, D, 9-Volt Rectangular, etc.) take a look at their website: http://www.mahaenergy.com

      By the way, I make nothing for mentioning this unit/company. I'm just telling you what I did and why.

      For those of you that would want/need to charge in the car, that cable is an zccessory and costs about $9.95 list but I went to my local Radio Shack and found a couple of their parts to make my DC power/charging cable.

      Maha also offers 2700mA-hour AA cells so yes, I purchased two sets of 4 at 12.99 each (USA). Each set came with a handy holder for the cells.

      Anyone using rechargeable batteries for their cameras (other than Li-ION chemistry types), cassette recorders/players, portalbe CD-players, etc. SHOULD give this sophistocated charger/analyzer a GOOD look and consideration for insuring you get the most out of your battery investment with little to no thinking, counting, etc.

      Ken
      Brick, NJ