Re: [BCD396XT] USB cable for 396XT ?

  • Dave Landrum
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
      Hello,

      The scanner comes equipped with a serial connector, not USB. You can use an USB to Serial dongle.

      73

      Dave AKA Tripzter

      Sent from my VZW CrackBerry.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
        Each of the current and recent higher end Uniden scanners come with a
        serial cable, the USB-1 cable is an extra-cost option. Both cables
        will work on any of the scanners, including the BCD396T, BCD396XT,
        BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCT15, BCT15X, BC330, BC346XT and BC246.

        You can also use a USB-serial adapter to allow you to use the included
        serial cable on a USB-only computer.

        --
        Rich Carlson, N9JIG
      • David Nordmann
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
          Try it. Sites selling the 396XT include the serial cable in the box along
          with al the other goodies!

          --
          David Joseph Nordmann