Re: [BCD396XT] USB cable for 396XT ?

  • Paul Opitz
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
      Assuming you are programming the 996XT through the front port, yes.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
        Hello,

        The scanner comes equipped with a serial connector, not USB. You can use an USB to Serial dongle.

        73

        Dave AKA Tripzter

        Sent from my VZW CrackBerry.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
          Each of the current and recent higher end Uniden scanners come with a
          serial cable, the USB-1 cable is an extra-cost option. Both cables
          will work on any of the scanners, including the BCD396T, BCD396XT,
          BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCT15, BCT15X, BC330, BC346XT and BC246.

          You can also use a USB-serial adapter to allow you to use the included
          serial cable on a USB-only computer.

          --
          Rich Carlson, N9JIG
        • David Nordmann
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
            Try it. Sites selling the 396XT include the serial cable in the box along
            with al the other goodies!

            --
            David Joseph Nordmann