USB cable for 396XT ?

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
      Will the USB cable which came with my 996XT also work with the 396XT ? This cable works just fine with my 996XT. Sites selling the 396XT don't mention the inclusion of a programming cable?

      Neil Bell
    • Paul Opitz
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
        Assuming you are programming the 996XT through the front port, yes.

        ________________________________
        Will the USB cable which came with my 996XT also work with the 396XT ? This cable works just fine with my 996XT. Sites selling the 396XT don't mention the inclusion of a programming cable?

        Neil Bell

      • Dave Landrum
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
          Hello,

          The scanner comes equipped with a serial connector, not USB. You can use an USB to Serial dongle.

          73

          Dave AKA Tripzter

          Sent from my VZW CrackBerry.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
            Each of the current and recent higher end Uniden scanners come with a
            serial cable, the USB-1 cable is an extra-cost option. Both cables
            will work on any of the scanners, including the BCD396T, BCD396XT,
            BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCT15, BCT15X, BC330, BC346XT and BC246.

            You can also use a USB-serial adapter to allow you to use the included
            serial cable on a USB-only computer.

            --
            Rich Carlson, N9JIG
          • David Nordmann
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
              Try it. Sites selling the 396XT include the serial cable in the box along
              with al the other goodies!

              --
              David Joseph Nordmann