Discussion Forum Turned On

  • uniden.upman
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 29, 2008
      I'm turning on member messages.

      By default, you'll be moderated on your first few message (to keep out
      spammers).
    • Mike Curtis (KC)
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 29, 2008
        One thing I think I would like more than anything else in a trunk
        tracking scanner is the ability to properly handle talkgroup patches on
        Motorola trunked systems. What I mean is, when TG A and TG B are
        patched together, I want to be able to hear the traffic regardless of
        whether I'm sitting on TG A or TG B. Currently the talkgroup that "gets
        the traffic" is dependent upon the order in which the dispatcher patches
        them. Any chance of ever getting this feature in a trunktracker? :)

      • Dan Danz
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 29, 2008
          I would add a strong "second" to this recommendation.

          I have to listen to lots of unwanted 10-27/10-28/10-29 queries on the INFO
          channel just in case it gets chosen for sending HOT traffic .. which it
          frequently does, because at MCSO in Phoenix, it's the INFO operator who
          multi-selects all the other channels and broadcasts the alert for the hot call
          ..

          ________________

          Dan Danz (WA5SKM)

          Fountain Hills AZ

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
            Well, I'm pretty sure I was wrong about how this works with the latest firmware
            versions (for 996 at least.still waiting to confirm with XT). It *used to* be
            that way, but Paul says he thinks it was fixed, and I'm inclined to agree.

            At least for multi-select, I heard a hot call being broadcast with the voice of
            the INFO operator, but I *did not* have INFO selected, and I heard the hot call
            on one of the main talk groups, which I *did* have selected. That's exactly
            the behavior I want.

            Note that I'm talking about multi-select broadcasts. I'm not 100% certain how
            it works on patched channels. It's not something we do with regularity on the
            Maricopa P16. Phoenix does it a lot on their P25 -- I'll have to pay attention
            when I'm in range tomorrow.

            What, specifically, do you see/hear Mike?

            ________________

            Dan Danz (WA5SKM)

            Fountain Hills AZ

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
              Is it possible to make the ATT feature adjustable through the software in
              this rig? To me 20 db is just to much for me 10 would be much better
              setting for me and my location.

              73

              Mike

              Arizona

            • johnstark
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
                Nope..... answered on another list....

                > Is it possible to make the ATT feature adjustable through the software in
                > this rig? To me 20 db is just to much for me 10 would be much better
                > setting for me and my location.
                >

                > 73
                >
                > Mike
                >
                > Arizona

              • Mike Curtis (KC)
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 2, 2008
                  Just saw it happen on my 996 right now running firmware v3 ...

                  On the Illinois Starcom21 P25 system, a patch showing in Pro96Com as
                  9019->9055 with audio only coming out on 9055.