Re: [BCD396XT] Feature idea

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2009
      It's a good idea, is 'doable', and would be a nice improvement.

      It could go hand in hand with the SID System setting I've been wanting
      for years (which would only evaluate a control channel if it matches the
      SID you have programmed - distant systems that use the same frequency
      would not be received - even if you are in 'their' area.

      You could call it "System Search" to go along with ID Search and FTO Search.

      But, is it something that enough people would want and use?

      I know even Paul Opitz has had ideas that never made it to the scanner
      firmware. I don't know exactly what they were/are (He only explained
      that not every idea could be added - including his), but I could only
      imagine how great a scanner would be if he got from the bean counters
      and engineers everything he wanted. :-)

      Joe M.