Re: [BCD396XT] P25 One-Frequency Trunk

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2009
      From what I've seen (heard), there is no continuous control channel. It
      appears to be a conventional P25 channel, but sometimes those are
      single-channel trunk systems. There really is no way to tell if it is
      other than to try programming it as a single-channel trunk system. If
      you received TGs, it is. If you don't, it is not. I've seen both types.

      This said, all my sources tell me that every P25 transmission has TG and
      NAC data transmitted with them - conventional or trunked. I'm not sure
      why some P25 channels will not trunk, but some definitely will not.
      (yes, I was in ID SEARCH mode and nothing was locked out)

      Joe M.