Re: Determining and tracking a trunked system

  • Jason W
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2009
      Same Difference, LNK always appears just before a voice transmission starts which is the header of the digital transmission.

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Richard A. Victor" <Victor@...> wrote:

      > According to The Complete Reference, it indicates that data is being
      > received on a voice channel.
      >
      > Dick
      >
      > At 04:07 AM 10/4/2009, you wrote:
      > >The LNK is the preamble to a P25 voice transmission
      > >
      > >if you hit on a 9600 Baud P25 system i believe it will show "DAT"
      > >all other trunk systems will not show anything - someone correct me
      > >if i am wrong please.
      > >
      > >if it is a motorola system you can program the control channel in
      > >and instruct the scanner to do a talkgroup search.
      > >

      > >Jason WX4JCW

    • radaremtjcw
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2009
        You can set up a custom search for the band you want to listen to
        then set it to decode control channel data, when it stops on a P25 Data Channel it will follow the traffic but you wont be able to Alpha tag it or hold on a talkgroup