Re: Determining and tracking a trunked system

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4, 2009
      Ok, but is there a fast way to just tell the XT "follow this data and see where it goes" or do I have to create a temporary system, program in that frequency and guess at the system type?

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Richard A. Victor" <Victor@...> wrote:

      > According to The Complete Reference, it indicates that data is being
      > received on a voice channel.
      >
      > Dick
      >
      > At 04:07 AM 10/4/2009, you wrote:
      > >The LNK is the preamble to a P25 voice transmission
      > >
      > >if you hit on a 9600 Baud P25 system i believe it will show "DAT"
      > >all other trunk systems will not show anything - someone correct me
      > >if i am wrong please.
      > >
      > >if it is a motorola system you can program the control channel in
      > >and instruct the scanner to do a talkgroup search.
      > >

      > >Jason WX4JCW

    • Richard A. Victor
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2009
        I'm afraid that I can't answer that for you. Frankly, I haven't run
        into a system that wasn't listed in the RR database so I've just
        programmed in the systems that I want to listen to using the
        available data rather than having to search for them. If you find a
        control channel you can look up who holds the license for that
        frequency in your area and generally find the system info once you've
        identified the system.

        Dick

        At 08:34 PM 10/4/2009, you wrote:

        >Ok, but is there a fast way to just tell the XT "follow this data
        >and see where it goes" or do I have to create a temporary system,
        >program in that frequency and guess at the system type?
        >
        >--- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Richard A. Victor" <Victor@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > According to The Complete Reference, it indicates that data is being
        > > received on a voice channel.
        > >
        > > Dick
        > >
        > > At 04:07 AM 10/4/2009, you wrote:
        > > >The LNK is the preamble to a P25 voice transmission
        > > >
        > > >if you hit on a 9600 Baud P25 system i believe it will show "DAT"
        > > >all other trunk systems will not show anything - someone correct me
        > > >if i am wrong please.
        > > >
        > > >if it is a motorola system you can program the control channel in
        > > >and instruct the scanner to do a talkgroup search.
        > > >
        > > >Jason WX4JCW
      • Jason W
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2009
          Same Difference, LNK always appears just before a voice transmission starts which is the header of the digital transmission.

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Richard A. Victor" <Victor@...> wrote:

          > According to The Complete Reference, it indicates that data is being
          > received on a voice channel.
          >
          > Dick
          >
          > At 04:07 AM 10/4/2009, you wrote:
          > >The LNK is the preamble to a P25 voice transmission
          > >
          > >if you hit on a 9600 Baud P25 system i believe it will show "DAT"
          > >all other trunk systems will not show anything - someone correct me
          > >if i am wrong please.
          > >
          > >if it is a motorola system you can program the control channel in
          > >and instruct the scanner to do a talkgroup search.
          > >

          > >Jason WX4JCW

        • radaremtjcw
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 5, 2009
            You can set up a custom search for the band you want to listen to
            then set it to decode control channel data, when it stops on a P25 Data Channel it will follow the traffic but you wont be able to Alpha tag it or hold on a talkgroup