Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Determining and tracking a trunked system

  • Richard A. Victor
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4, 2009
      According to The Complete Reference, it indicates that data is being
      received on a voice channel.

      Dick

      At 04:07 AM 10/4/2009, you wrote:
      >The LNK is the preamble to a P25 voice transmission
      >
      >if you hit on a 9600 Baud P25 system i believe it will show "DAT"
      >all other trunk systems will not show anything - someone correct me
      >if i am wrong please.
      >
      >if it is a motorola system you can program the control channel in
      >and instruct the scanner to do a talkgroup search.
      >

      >Jason WX4JCW

    • Alex
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2009
        Ok, but is there a fast way to just tell the XT "follow this data and see where it goes" or do I have to create a temporary system, program in that frequency and guess at the system type?

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Richard A. Victor" <Victor@...> wrote:

        > According to The Complete Reference, it indicates that data is being
        > received on a voice channel.
        >
        > Dick
        >
        > At 04:07 AM 10/4/2009, you wrote:
        > >The LNK is the preamble to a P25 voice transmission
        > >
        > >if you hit on a 9600 Baud P25 system i believe it will show "DAT"
        > >all other trunk systems will not show anything - someone correct me
        > >if i am wrong please.
        > >
        > >if it is a motorola system you can program the control channel in
        > >and instruct the scanner to do a talkgroup search.
        > >

        > >Jason WX4JCW

      • Richard A. Victor
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4, 2009
          I'm afraid that I can't answer that for you. Frankly, I haven't run
          into a system that wasn't listed in the RR database so I've just
          programmed in the systems that I want to listen to using the
          available data rather than having to search for them. If you find a
          control channel you can look up who holds the license for that
          frequency in your area and generally find the system info once you've
          identified the system.

          Dick

          At 08:34 PM 10/4/2009, you wrote:

          >Ok, but is there a fast way to just tell the XT "follow this data
          >and see where it goes" or do I have to create a temporary system,
          >program in that frequency and guess at the system type?
          >
          >--- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Richard A. Victor" <Victor@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > According to The Complete Reference, it indicates that data is being
          > > received on a voice channel.
          > >
          > > Dick
          > >
          > > At 04:07 AM 10/4/2009, you wrote:
          > > >The LNK is the preamble to a P25 voice transmission
          > > >
          > > >if you hit on a 9600 Baud P25 system i believe it will show "DAT"
          > > >all other trunk systems will not show anything - someone correct me
          > > >if i am wrong please.
          > > >
          > > >if it is a motorola system you can program the control channel in
          > > >and instruct the scanner to do a talkgroup search.
          > > >
          > > >Jason WX4JCW
        • Jason W
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 5, 2009
            Same Difference, LNK always appears just before a voice transmission starts which is the header of the digital transmission.

            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Richard A. Victor" <Victor@...> wrote:

            > According to The Complete Reference, it indicates that data is being
            > received on a voice channel.
            >
            > Dick
            >
            > At 04:07 AM 10/4/2009, you wrote:
            > >The LNK is the preamble to a P25 voice transmission
            > >
            > >if you hit on a 9600 Baud P25 system i believe it will show "DAT"
            > >all other trunk systems will not show anything - someone correct me
            > >if i am wrong please.
            > >
            > >if it is a motorola system you can program the control channel in
            > >and instruct the scanner to do a talkgroup search.
            > >

            > >Jason WX4JCW

          • radaremtjcw
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 5, 2009
              You can set up a custom search for the band you want to listen to
              then set it to decode control channel data, when it stops on a P25 Data Channel it will follow the traffic but you wont be able to Alpha tag it or hold on a talkgroup