Re: [BCD396XT] Re: bluetooth

  • omlbed@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
      I use the Sony TMR-BT10 Bluetooth® Adaptor Portable Transmitter. It is
      very small, has a clip on it and the plug is the right size for the 396.

      In a message dated 10/2/2009 11:03:07 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      Victor@... writes:

      Forgot to mention that the battery saving feature on some cellphone
      earpieces will result in a short startup delay after a period of
      inactivity. You may or may not find that to be a problem.

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
        Is this mono or stereo?

        I ask because I have a Jabra A120 that is stereo (and has the correct
        connector for the 396) and it won't pair to my headset which does not
        support stereo BT.

        Joe M.

        omlbed@... wrote:

        > I use the Sony TMR-BT10 Bluetooth® Adaptor Portable Transmitter. It is
        > very small, has a clip on it and the plug is the right size for the 396.
        >

        > In a message dated 10/2/2009 11:03:07 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        > Victor@... writes:
        >

        > Forgot to mention that the battery saving feature on some cellphone
        > earpieces will result in a short startup delay after a period of
        > inactivity. You may or may not find that to be a problem.
        >
        >> You'll need one of the Bluetooth adapters to plug into your
        >> scanner. Just make sure that the adapter and your proposed
        >> listening device speak the same protocol. The adapters for stereo
        >> headphones probably will not work with a mono cellphone earpiece and
        >> vice versa.
        >>
        >> Dick
        >>
        >> --- In _BCD396XT@yahoogroupBCD39_ (mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com) ,
        > "hjvander" <heathjv@...> wrote:
        >>> So what's the best way to set up the BCD396XT so i can use my
        >> bluetooth headset to monitor traffics and comms? It comes in handy
        >> here in the house when i want to just wear my head phones and walk
        >> from room to room w/o missing any traffic, and also comes in handy
        >> for 'stealth' listening when i'm out and about.

      • Uniden UPMan
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
          There is a "BT-A" Bluetooth standard intended for quality audio applications. Has longer range and is stereo. It is used for BT wireless speakers and iPod headphones and IIRC is not compatible with BT for cell phones (certainly not the stereo part, anyway).
           UPMan

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
            Assuming the Sony TMR-BT10 Bluetooth® Adaptor Portable Transmitter is
            BT-A, what headsets would be compatible with it?

            (looking for more than just 'stereo headsets') ;->

            Joe M.

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
              I'm using a Motorola MOTOROKR S9 Bluetooth Stereo Headset

              That thing will not fall off!  comfortable too unless you want to lean back in your Lazyboy....

              Brad

              writes:

              >> Forgot to mention that the battery saving feature on some cellphone
              >> earpieces will result in a short startup delay after a period of
              >> inactivity. You may or may not find that to be a problem.
              >>
              >>> You'll need one of the Bluetooth adapters to plug into your
              >>> scanner. Just make sure that the adapter and your proposed
              >>> listening device speak the same protocol. The adapters for stereo
              >>> headphones probably will not work with a mono cellphone earpiece and
              >>> vice versa.
              >>>
              >>> Dick
              >>>
              >>> --- In _BCD396XT@yahoogrou pBCD39_ (mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroup s.com) ,
              >>> bluetooth headset to monitor traffics and comms? It comes in handy
              >>> here in the house when i want to just wear my head phones and walk
              >>> from room to room w/o missing any traffic, and also comes in handy
              >>> for 'stealth' listening when i'm out and about.

              >20

            • Uniden UPMan
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
                No idea. I just happened across the one I got on Woot! and read up a bit before buying it.

                http://tinyurl.com/yewuh3v

                :)
                 UPMan

                ________________________________

                Uniden UPMan wrote:
                > There is a "BT-A" Bluetooth standard intended for quality audio applications. Has longer range and is stereo. It is used for BT wireless speakers and iPod headphones and IIRC is not compatible with BT for cell phones (certainly not the stereo part, anyway).
                > UPMan
                >

                > ____________ _________ _________ __

              • Heath
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
                  I also have a motorola s9-sd. It's nice audio. I pair it up with my
                  iPhone and it works great. Am looking for a compatible adaptor to use
                  with the 396xt.

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Oct 2, 2009, at 4:54 PM, omlbed@... wrote:

                  > I'm using a Motorola MOTOROKR S9 Bluetooth Stereo Headset
                  >
                  > That thing will not fall off! comfortable too unless you want to
                  > lean back in your Lazyboy....
                  >
                  > Brad

                • hjvander
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
                    Sorry. That's supposed to say motorola s9-hd.