[BCD396XT] Bluetooth

  • h8digitalradio@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
      Hello,

      You will need a Bluetooth Adapter (Jabra A210 or similar). You may need an adapter to 1/8" from 1/16". Pair your BT headset to the BT Adapter. Plug in adapter to Scanner Headset Jack, set volume, and you are set.

      HTH's

      73

      Dave L.

      Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
        Thanks guys

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
          Check Ebay for a Jabra A210 adapter, lots of them. Also needed is a 3/32 to
          1/8 adapter.
          Radio shack Cat. 274-397 (Model 274-0397) about 3 bucks. Also of course a
          Bluetooth earpiece.

          Clark

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
            Thanks clark

            From: Clark Rennie <c.rennie1@...>

            Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:22:01
            To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Bluetooth

            At 08:56 AM 10/2/2009, you wrote:

            >Hello,
            >
            >You will need a Bluetooth Adapter (Jabra A210 or similar). You may need an
            >adapter to 1/8" from 1/16". Pair your BT headset to the BT Adapter. Plug
            >in adapter to Scanner Headset Jack, set volume, and you are set.
            >
            >HTH's
            >
            >73
            >
            >Dave L.
            >
            >Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

          • Clark Rennie
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
              Forgot to mention, I use a Jabra BT135 earpiece, also from Ebay.

              At 11:00 AM 10/2/2009, you wrote:

              >Thanks clark

            • Richard A. Victor
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
                If you need some additional range on your Bluetooth headset, here's a
                thread describing a way to get it that works very well.

                The only real tough part is finding enough space inside the intercom
                to install that audio jack and switch. I had a tough time just
                finding room for the jack. The switch was out of the question so I
                used a normally closed switched jack. I think there may have been
                some change in the design of the case between the one he did and the
                one I did or else he's a magician.

                http://forums.radioreference.com/general-scanning-forum/77201-bluetooth-repeater-hands-free-scanning.html

                Dick