Bluetooth

  • pitboss1@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
      So correct me if I'm wrong I can use my blth for listening. Please teLl me how
    • h8digitalradio@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
        Hello,

        You will need a Bluetooth Adapter (Jabra A210 or similar). You may need an adapter to 1/8" from 1/16". Pair your BT headset to the BT Adapter. Plug in adapter to Scanner Headset Jack, set volume, and you are set.

        HTH's

        73

        Dave L.

        Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

        So correct me if I'm wrong I can use my blth for listening. Please teLl me how

      • Paul Opitz
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
          You'll need a bluetooth "dongle" that plugs into your scanners headphone jack. Any of the ones made for MP3 players (like the iPod or Zune) would work.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
            Thanks guys

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
              Check Ebay for a Jabra A210 adapter, lots of them. Also needed is a 3/32 to
              1/8 adapter.
              Radio shack Cat. 274-397 (Model 274-0397) about 3 bucks. Also of course a
              Bluetooth earpiece.

              Clark

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
                Thanks clark

                From: Clark Rennie <c.rennie1@...>

                Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:22:01
                To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>
                Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Bluetooth

                At 08:56 AM 10/2/2009, you wrote:

                >Hello,
                >
                >You will need a Bluetooth Adapter (Jabra A210 or similar). You may need an
                >adapter to 1/8" from 1/16". Pair your BT headset to the BT Adapter. Plug
                >in adapter to Scanner Headset Jack, set volume, and you are set.
                >
                >HTH's
                >
                >73
                >
                >Dave L.
                >
                >Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

              • Clark Rennie
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
                  Forgot to mention, I use a Jabra BT135 earpiece, also from Ebay.

                  At 11:00 AM 10/2/2009, you wrote:

                  >Thanks clark

                • Richard A. Victor
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
                    If you need some additional range on your Bluetooth headset, here's a
                    thread describing a way to get it that works very well.

                    The only real tough part is finding enough space inside the intercom
                    to install that audio jack and switch. I had a tough time just
                    finding room for the jack. The switch was out of the question so I
                    used a normally closed switched jack. I think there may have been
                    some change in the design of the case between the one he did and the
                    one I did or else he's a magician.

                    http://forums.radioreference.com/general-scanning-forum/77201-bluetooth-repeater-hands-free-scanning.html

                    Dick