Re: bluetooth

  • djfred600
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 1, 2009
      I have something like this
      http://tiny.cc/pHmv6
      i used to use this when my phones did not have bluetooth, it worked really well. the plug is a mini jack the 396xt uses regular 1/8 jack.

      If you can find something like this for normal 1/8 headphone jack you should be golden.

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
        Best way? I only know of one way:

        1. Plug your Bluetooth adapter into the scanner.
        2. Pair the adapter to your headset (if you haven't previously done that)
        3. Enjoy the wireless connection.

        Joe M.

        hjvander wrote:
        > So what's the best way to set up the BCD396XT so i can use my bluetooth headset to monitor traffics and comms? It comes in handy here in the house when i want to just wear my head phones and walk from room to room w/o missing any traffic, and also comes in handy for 'stealth' listening when i'm out and about.

      • Richard A. Victor
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
          You'll need one of the Bluetooth adapters to plug into your
          scanner. Just make sure that the adapter and your proposed listening
          device speak the same protocol. The adapters for stereo headphones
          probably will not work with a mono cellphone earpiece and vice versa.

          Dick

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
            Forgot to mention that the battery saving feature on some cellphone
            earpieces will result in a short startup delay after a period of
            inactivity. You may or may not find that to be a problem.

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
              That is very very true.

              The Call will come in (Scanner) then from 1-2 second it will take to activate the earpiece.

            • omlbed@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
                I use the Sony TMR-BT10 Bluetooth® Adaptor Portable Transmitter. It is
                very small, has a clip on it and the plug is the right size for the 396.

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
                  Is this mono or stereo?

                  I ask because I have a Jabra A120 that is stereo (and has the correct
                  connector for the 396) and it won't pair to my headset which does not
                  support stereo BT.

                  Joe M.

                  omlbed@... wrote:

                  > I use the Sony TMR-BT10 Bluetooth® Adaptor Portable Transmitter. It is
                  > very small, has a clip on it and the plug is the right size for the 396.
                  >

                  > In a message dated 10/2/2009 11:03:07 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                  > Victor@... writes:
                  >

                  > Forgot to mention that the battery saving feature on some cellphone
                  > earpieces will result in a short startup delay after a period of
                  > inactivity. You may or may not find that to be a problem.
                  >
                  >> You'll need one of the Bluetooth adapters to plug into your
                  >> scanner. Just make sure that the adapter and your proposed
                  >> listening device speak the same protocol. The adapters for stereo
                  >> headphones probably will not work with a mono cellphone earpiece and
                  >> vice versa.
                  >>
                  >> Dick
                  >>
                  >> --- In _BCD396XT@yahoogroupBCD39_ (mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com) ,
                  > "hjvander" <heathjv@...> wrote:
                  >>> So what's the best way to set up the BCD396XT so i can use my
                  >> bluetooth headset to monitor traffics and comms? It comes in handy
                  >> here in the house when i want to just wear my head phones and walk
                  >> from room to room w/o missing any traffic, and also comes in handy
                  >> for 'stealth' listening when i'm out and about.

                • Uniden UPMan
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
                    There is a "BT-A" Bluetooth standard intended for quality audio applications. Has longer range and is stereo. It is used for BT wireless speakers and iPod headphones and IIRC is not compatible with BT for cell phones (certainly not the stereo part, anyway).
                     UPMan

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
                      Assuming the Sony TMR-BT10 Bluetooth® Adaptor Portable Transmitter is
                      BT-A, what headsets would be compatible with it?

                      (looking for more than just 'stereo headsets') ;->

                      Joe M.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
                        I'm using a Motorola MOTOROKR S9 Bluetooth Stereo Headset

                        That thing will not fall off!  comfortable too unless you want to lean back in your Lazyboy....

                        Brad

                        writes:

                        >> Forgot to mention that the battery saving feature on some cellphone
                        >> earpieces will result in a short startup delay after a period of
                        >> inactivity. You may or may not find that to be a problem.
                        >>
                        >>> You'll need one of the Bluetooth adapters to plug into your
                        >>> scanner. Just make sure that the adapter and your proposed
                        >>> listening device speak the same protocol. The adapters for stereo
                        >>> headphones probably will not work with a mono cellphone earpiece and
                        >>> vice versa.
                        >>>
                        >>> Dick
                        >>>
                        >>> --- In _BCD396XT@yahoogrou pBCD39_ (mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroup s.com) ,
                        >>> bluetooth headset to monitor traffics and comms? It comes in handy
                        >>> here in the house when i want to just wear my head phones and walk
                        >>> from room to room w/o missing any traffic, and also comes in handy
                        >>> for 'stealth' listening when i'm out and about.

                        >20

                      • Uniden UPMan
                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
                          No idea. I just happened across the one I got on Woot! and read up a bit before buying it.

                          http://tinyurl.com/yewuh3v

                          :)
                           UPMan

                          ________________________________

                          Uniden UPMan wrote:
                          > There is a "BT-A" Bluetooth standard intended for quality audio applications. Has longer range and is stereo. It is used for BT wireless speakers and iPod headphones and IIRC is not compatible with BT for cell phones (certainly not the stereo part, anyway).
                          > UPMan
                          >

                          > ____________ _________ _________ __

                        • Heath
                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
                            I also have a motorola s9-sd. It's nice audio. I pair it up with my
                            iPhone and it works great. Am looking for a compatible adaptor to use
                            with the 396xt.

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            On Oct 2, 2009, at 4:54 PM, omlbed@... wrote:

                            > I'm using a Motorola MOTOROKR S9 Bluetooth Stereo Headset
                            >
                            > That thing will not fall off! comfortable too unless you want to
                            > lean back in your Lazyboy....
                            >
                            > Brad

                          • hjvander
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
                              Sorry. That's supposed to say motorola s9-hd.