Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Socal Cities

  • Fred Mirzaian
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 1, 2009
      Thanx you for the help.

      I have included the 2nd band plan and its working better then before

      I think i have setup my radio right with the help of this group.

      I will soon post the files up so if people want to scan the cities i have
      programmed can.
      but i will do that once i fine tune everything,

      Thanx again.

      On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 6:10 PM, booth91208 <booth@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > all of the Glendale site frequencies (as if they were conventional
      > channels).
      >
      > The viewable RadioReference web page for ICIS shows "Alternate Custom
      > Frequency Tables". The word "Alternate" should be replaced with "Required".
      > As shown in that table, Clark Rennie's message has the correct band plan
      > that must be entered for the Glendale ICIS site.
      >
      > I started a topic on the RadioReference "Database" forum complaining about
      > this problem, and recommend that you read the excellent response. The topic
      > title is "Problem with download using ARC-XT Pro". To summarize their
      > response, the RadioReference database was not designed to hold different
      > multiple band plans for different sites within one system. Therefore,
      > automated downloads will have erroneous band plans for complicated systems
      > like ICIS. Knowing this, they added the table "Alternate Custom Frequency
      > Tables" as a text box (it doesn't come from the database), with the intent
      > that the users would manually enter the band plans into their 396's. They
      > also said that they plan to fix the problem, but it requires changing the
      > design of their database.
      >
      > I sympathize with users having difficulties. I've been scanning since I
      > built my first tunable receiver in 1962, but the new paradigm changes
      > everything. I was very frustrated for the first few days, and almost
      > returned it in disgust. I finally isolated the problems to two: the band
      > plan issue, and another problem where ARC-XT Pro was having errors sending
      > the channel spacing to the scanner. Once I got the channel spacing set
      > properly, and the band plan manually entered, everything works great and I
      > am delighted.
      >
      > BTW, I reported the channel spacing error to Butel, and three days later I
      > was notified that there was a software update; imagine my delight when I
      > found that the bug had been fixed.
      >
      > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>, "Richard A.
      > Victor" <Victor@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Yes, if you calculate it for the alternate bandplan which has two
      > > rows, that's the result that you get. However, if you calulate it
      > > for the "non-alternate" single line bandplan that's shown on the RR
      > > site for this system, you get 474.7500 as shown in the attached Excel
      > > spreadsheet that was provided by Uniden to make such calculations and
      > > also in FreeScan (copy attached). I get the same result in ProScan
      > > as well. Frankly, I can't get ARC-XT to even calculate a one line
      > > bandplan, but perhaps that's something that I'm doing.
      > >
      > > The values in the second row change the results in the first
      > > row. Since the "non-alternate" bandplan has only one row, if you
      > > enter something in the second row you will get incorrect values for
      > > the bandplan.
      > >
      > > Dick
      >

      > > At 06:05 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:
      > > >Using 470.0125 as the lower freq., FreeSCAN calculates the Upper Freq.

      [FReD]

    • Richard A. Victor
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 1, 2009
        Thanks for the straightforward explanation of what's actually going
        on with that system and for taking the time and effort to get the
        ball rolling to get the info on RR corrected.

        Dick