Socal Cities

  • djfred600
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 29, 2009
      Hello,

      I am new here i have posted a couple times but nothing major. I just got the 396xt Scanner a few days ago.
      I went from BC200XLT to 396xt. A Big Jump and Big Difference in usage.

      I believe i have managed to program the scanner without asking questions. Just only reading the manual online and radiorefernce Freq's. Like i said i think i got it figured out but i had a couple questions.

      On the BC200XLT you can put in Freqs and just hit scan and it scans. but with the 396 you have TGroups and Sites.

      I programmed what i had in the BC200XLT as sites and same city i programmed in Trunked "Moto Type II / P25".

      I hear more stuff as conventional then i do with Type II. I have entered the TGroups for the Type II

      The City i programmed was Glendale, CA

      I was wondering if anybody has programmed this city in there System or can maybe take a look @ how i setup my programming with FreeScan and see if its done correctly.

      I hope i make sense.

      Thank you
    • Richard A. Victor
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 30, 2009
        The reason that the 396XT has sites and talkgroup IDs which your
        previous scanner didn't have is because it is capable of following
        conversations on trunked systems. Programming trunked systems is
        somewhat different than programming conventional systems.

        With respect to conventional frequencies, there are SYSTEMS which
        contain one or more GROUPS. A GROUP contains one or more channels.
        For each channel you enter the frequency, alpha tag, and various
        other parameters that relate to that channel. There are no sites for
        conventional channels. You enter the conventional frequencies that
        you had in your 200XLT in the groups of a conventional system.

        SYSTEM 1
        .....GROUP 1
        ..........CHANNEL A
        ..........CHANNEL B
        .....GROUP 2
        ..........CHANNEL C
        ..........CHANNEL D
        SYSTEM 2
        .....GROUP 1
        ..........CHANNEL E
        ..........CHANNEL F
        SYSTEM 3
        .....GROUP 1
        ..........CHANNEL G

        With respect to trunked systems, there are SYSTEMS which contain one
        or more SITES and one or more GROUPS. In each SITE, you enter the
        frequencies for that SITE. For each GROUP you enter one or more
        TALKGROUP IDS. For each TALKGROUP ID you enter an alpha tag and
        various other parameters that relate to that talkgroup. You can get
        the frequencies for a particular trunked system from the
        RadioReference database and enter the appropriate frequencies for
        each site of a particular system. You then enter the talkgroup IDs
        that you want to listen to in the various groups of that system.

        SYSTEM 4
        .....SITE 1
        ..........FREQUENCY 1
        ..........FREQUENCY 2
        ..........FREQUENCY 3
        .....SITE 2
        ..........FREQUENCY 4
        ..........FREQUENCY 5
        ..........FREQUENCY 6
        .....GROUP 1
        ..........TALKGROUP ID 1
        ..........TALKGROUP ID 2
        ..........TALKGROUP ID 3
        .....GROUP 2
        ..........TALKGROUP ID 4
        ..........TALKGROUP ID 5
        SYSTEM 5, etc.

        According to the RR database, it appears that most, if not all, of
        the Glendale agencies are on the ICIS trunked system which is described here:

        http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2856

        You may want to consider getting a premium subscription to RR so that
        you can use FreeScan to directly download that system into FreeScan
        and then transfer it to your scanner. If you choose to enter the
        data manually, there is a custom band plan which has to be entered
        for each of the sites which, unfortunately, adds some complexity for
        a first time user of a scanner such as the 396XT.

        If I understood what you've done thus far, I think you're going to
        have to make some changes to get things working properly. If you've
        got some further questions, don't hesitate to let us know.

        Dick

        >Hello,
        >
        >I am new here i have posted a couple times but nothing major. I just
        >got the 396xt Scanner a few days ago.
        >I went from BC200XLT to 396xt. A Big Jump and Big Difference in usage.
        >
        >I believe i have managed to program the scanner without asking
        >questions. Just only reading the manual online and radiorefernce
        >Freq's. Like i said i think i got it figured out but i had a couple questions.
        >
        >On the BC200XLT you can put in Freqs and just hit scan and it scans.
        >but with the 396 you have TGroups and Sites.
        >
        >I programmed what i had in the BC200XLT as sites and same city i
        >programmed in Trunked "Moto Type II / P25".
        >
        >I hear more stuff as conventional then i do with Type II. I have
        >entered the TGroups for the Type II
        >

        >The City i programmed was Glendale, CA
        >
        >I was wondering if anybody has programmed this city in there System
        >or can maybe take a look @ how i setup my programming with FreeScan
        >and see if its done correctly.
        >
        >I hope i make sense.
        >
        >Thank you

      • djfred600
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 30, 2009
          Thanx Richard,

          The Diagram helps me a lot.
          One thing i don't get is the Band Plans but its not something i wont be able to read about.

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Richard A. Victor" <Victor@...> wrote:

> [...]
          >

          > >Hello,
          > >
          > >I am new here i have posted a couple times but nothing major. I just
          > >got the 396xt Scanner a few days ago.
          > >I went from BC200XLT to 396xt. A Big Jump and Big Difference in usage.
          > >
          > >I believe i have managed to program the scanner without asking
          > >questions. Just only reading the manual online and radiorefernce
          > >Freq's. Like i said i think i got it figured out but i had a couple questions.
          > >
          > >On the BC200XLT you can put in Freqs and just hit scan and it scans.
          > >but with the 396 you have TGroups and Sites.
          > >
          > >I programmed what i had in the BC200XLT as sites and same city i
          > >programmed in Trunked "Moto Type II / P25".
          > >
          > >I hear more stuff as conventional then i do with Type II. I have
          > >entered the TGroups for the Type II
          > >

          > >The City i programmed was Glendale, CA
          > >
          > >I was wondering if anybody has programmed this city in there System

        • Richard A. Victor
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 30, 2009
            You enter the bandplans in FreeScan on the Site Setup screen. When
            you choose "Mot UHF Band" as the Site Type, a place opens at the
            bottom of the screen to enter the bandplan. For the ICIS system, you
            enter 470.0125 in the first box under Lower Freq, enter 12.5 under
            Step, and enter 380 under Offset. Leave all the other boxes in the
            System Band Plan blank as they are. You then click on the button to
            the right which reads "Auto Upper" and FreeScan calculates and
            inserts the Upper Freq for you. It should be 474.75000.

            You need to do this for each of the sites for that system that you
            choose to program into your scanner. You'll find that most systems
            don't require you to enter a bandplan, but for those that need it,
            it's important to enter it.

            The values that I gave you came from the ICIS page in the RR database
            at the top of the page under Custom Frequency Table.

            Dick

          • Clark Rennie
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 30, 2009
              This is what I have for Glendale which seems to work.

              Glendale requires two Band Plans.
              Lower Upper Step Offset
              1. 470.0125 471.5000 12.5 380
              2. 482.000 485.2375 12.5 500
              I have the Upper Freq. for Glendale as 471.500, not 474.7500.

              Clark

              At 01:26 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:

              >You enter the bandplans in FreeScan on the Site Setup screen. When
              >you choose "Mot UHF Band" as the Site Type, a place opens at the
              >bottom of the screen to enter the bandplan. For the ICIS system, you
              >enter 470.0125 in the first box under Lower Freq, enter 12.5 under
              >Step, and enter 380 under Offset. Leave all the other boxes in the
              >System Band Plan blank as they are. You then click on the button to
              >the right which reads "Auto Upper" and FreeScan calculates and
              >inserts the Upper Freq for you. It should be 474.75000.
              >
              >You need to do this for each of the sites for that system that you
              >choose to program into your scanner. You'll find that most systems
              >don't require you to enter a bandplan, but for those that need it,
              >it's important to enter it.
              >
              >The values that I gave you came from the ICIS page in the RR database
              >at the top of the page under Custom Frequency Table.
              >
              >Dick
            • Richard A. Victor
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 30, 2009
                Yes, RR shows that as an alternate bandplan for Glendale. If you
                just use the single bandplan which is shown on RR as the
                "non-alternate", the upper calculates to 474.7500 using the Uniden
                Excel spreadsheet, or the calculator built-in to FreeScan.

                Since I'm nowhere near Glendale, I went with the one that RR showed
                as the "non-alternate". It also had the advantage of being the same
                for all of the various sites instead of being different from site to
                site as the alternates are. Seemed that it would be easier for him
                (or anyone else for that matter) to use the same values for all sites.

                If the data at RR is, in fact, incorrect, then you should advise them
                so they can correct it.

                Dick

                At 04:47 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:
                >This is what I have for Glendale which seems to work.
                >
                >Glendale requires two Band Plans.
                > Lower Upper Step Offset
                >1. 470.0125 471.5000 12.5 380
                >2. 482.000 485.2375 12.5 500
                >I have the Upper Freq. for Glendale as 471.500, not 474.7500.
                >
                >Clark
                >
                >At 01:26 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:
                >
                > >You enter the bandplans in FreeScan on the Site Setup screen. When
                > >you choose "Mot UHF Band" as the Site Type, a place opens at the
                > >bottom of the screen to enter the bandplan. For the ICIS system, you
                > >enter 470.0125 in the first box under Lower Freq, enter 12.5 under
                > >Step, and enter 380 under Offset. Leave all the other boxes in the
                > >System Band Plan blank as they are. You then click on the button to
                > >the right which reads "Auto Upper" and FreeScan calculates and
                > >inserts the Upper Freq for you. It should be 474.75000.
                > >
                > >You need to do this for each of the sites for that system that you
                > >choose to program into your scanner. You'll find that most systems
                > >don't require you to enter a bandplan, but for those that need it,
                > >it's important to enter it.
                > >
                > >The values that I gave you came from the ICIS page in the RR database
                > >at the top of the page under Custom Frequency Table.
                > >
                > >Dick
              • Clark Rennie
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 30, 2009
                  Using 470.0125 as the lower freq., FreeSCAN calculates the Upper Freq. as
                  471.50000. As does ARCXT Pro.

                  Clark

                  At 03:34 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:

                  >Yes, RR shows that as an alternate bandplan for Glendale. If you
                  >just use the single bandplan which is shown on RR as the
                  >"non-alternate", the upper calculates to 474.7500 using the Uniden
                  >Excel spreadsheet, or the calculator built-in to FreeScan.
                  >
                  >Since I'm nowhere near Glendale, I went with the one that RR showed
                  >as the "non-alternate". It also had the advantage of being the same
                  >for all of the various sites instead of being different from site to
                  >site as the alternates are. Seemed that it would be easier for him
                  >(or anyone else for that matter) to use the same values for all sites.
                  >
                  >If the data at RR is, in fact, incorrect, then you should advise them
                  >so they can correct it.
                  >
                  >Dick
                  >
                  >At 04:47 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:
                  > >This is what I have for Glendale which seems to work.
                  > >
                  > >Glendale requires two Band Plans.
                  > > Lower Upper Step Offset
                  > >1. 470.0125 471.5000 12.5 380
                  > >2. 482.000 485.2375 12.5 500
                  > >I have the Upper Freq. for Glendale as 471.500, not 474.7500.
                  > >
                  > >Clark
                  > >
                  > >At 01:26 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:
                  > >
                  > > >You enter the bandplans in FreeScan on the Site Setup screen. When
                  > > >you choose "Mot UHF Band" as the Site Type, a place opens at the
                  > > >bottom of the screen to enter the bandplan. For the ICIS system, you
                  > > >enter 470.0125 in the first box under Lower Freq, enter 12.5 under
                  > > >Step, and enter 380 under Offset. Leave all the other boxes in the
                  > > >System Band Plan blank as they are. You then click on the button to
                  > > >the right which reads "Auto Upper" and FreeScan calculates and
                  > > >inserts the Upper Freq for you. It should be 474.75000.
                  > > >
                  > > >You need to do this for each of the sites for that system that you
                  > > >choose to program into your scanner. You'll find that most systems
                  > > >don't require you to enter a bandplan, but for those that need it,
                  > > >it's important to enter it.
                  > > >
                  > > >The values that I gave you came from the ICIS page in the RR database
                  > > >at the top of the page under Custom Frequency Table.
                  > > >
                  > > >Dick
                • djfred600
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 30, 2009
                    Thank you for the input numbers,
                    When the band plan you enter 470.0125 alone and hit upper it gievs you a total of 474.7500 for upper
                    but when you also input the alternative number as
                    482.00000 Lower then you calculate the 470.0125 goes to 471.5000 upper.

                    One other thing i forgot to mention that

                    I heard more talking on the BC200XLT then i do with 396xt.
                    I mean some talks would be scrambled because they are digital, since 200xlt=is analog.
                    But in general, when i turn on my 200XLT and my 396XT and put them side by side.

                    the 200 grabs more data then 396 does. and when 200 is tuned to a freq the 396
                    will just keep scanning. and this is only for Glendale i turn the rest of the cities off so its faster scanner.

                    Hope that makes sense.

                    Thank you

                    --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Clark Rennie <c.rennie1@...> wrote:

                    > Using 470.0125 as the lower freq., FreeSCAN calculates the Upper Freq. as
                    > 471.50000. As does ARCXT Pro.
                    >
                    > Clark
                    >

                    > At 03:34 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:
                    >
                    > >Yes, RR shows that as an alternate bandplan for Glendale. If you
                    > >just use the single bandplan which is shown on RR as the
                    > >"non-alternate", the upper calculates to 474.7500 using the Uniden
                    > >Excel spreadsheet, or the calculator built-in to FreeScan.
                    > >
                    > >Since I'm nowhere near Glendale, I went with the one that RR showed
                    > >as the "non-alternate". It also had the advantage of being the same
                    > >for all of the various sites instead of being different from site to
                    > >site as the alternates are. Seemed that it would be easier for him
                    > >(or anyone else for that matter) to use the same values for all sites.
                    > >
                    > >If the data at RR is, in fact, incorrect, then you should advise them
                    > >so they can correct it.
                    > >
                    > >Dick
                    > >
                    > >At 04:47 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:
                    > > >This is what I have for Glendale which seems to work.
                    > > >
                    > > >Glendale requires two Band Plans.
                    > > > Lower Upper Step Offset
                    > > >1. 470.0125 471.5000 12.5 380
                    > > >2. 482.000 485.2375 12.5 500
                    > > >I have the Upper Freq. for Glendale as 471.500, not 474.7500.
                    > > >
                    > > >Clark

                  • Richard A. Victor
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 30, 2009
                      Yes, if you calculate it for the alternate bandplan which has two
                      rows, that's the result that you get. However, if you calulate it
                      for the "non-alternate" single line bandplan that's shown on the RR
                      site for this system, you get 474.7500 as shown in the attached Excel
                      spreadsheet that was provided by Uniden to make such calculations and
                      also in FreeScan (copy attached). I get the same result in ProScan
                      as well. Frankly, I can't get ARC-XT to even calculate a one line
                      bandplan, but perhaps that's something that I'm doing.

                      The values in the second row change the results in the first
                      row. Since the "non-alternate" bandplan has only one row, if you
                      enter something in the second row you will get incorrect values for
                      the bandplan.

                      Dick

                      At 06:05 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:
                      >Using 470.0125 as the lower freq., FreeSCAN calculates the Upper Freq. as
                      >471.50000. As does ARCXT Pro.
                      >
                      >Clark
                      >
                      >At 03:34 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:
                      >
                      > >Yes, RR shows that as an alternate bandplan for Glendale. If you
                      > >just use the single bandplan which is shown on RR as the
                      > >"non-alternate", the upper calculates to 474.7500 using the Uniden
                      > >Excel spreadsheet, or the calculator built-in to FreeScan.
                      > >
                      > >Since I'm nowhere near Glendale, I went with the one that RR showed
                      > >as the "non-alternate". It also had the advantage of being the same
                      > >for all of the various sites instead of being different from site to
                      > >site as the alternates are. Seemed that it would be easier for him
                      > >(or anyone else for that matter) to use the same values for all sites.
                      > >
                      > >If the data at RR is, in fact, incorrect, then you should advise them
                      > >so they can correct it.
                      > >
                      > >Dick
                      > >
                      > >At 04:47 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:
                      > > >This is what I have for Glendale which seems to work.
                      > > >
                      > > >Glendale requires two Band Plans.
                      > > > Lower Upper Step Offset
                      > > >1. 470.0125 471.5000 12.5 380
                      > > >2. 482.000 485.2375 12.5 500
                      > > >I have the Upper Freq. for Glendale as 471.500, not 474.7500.
                      > > >
                      > > >Clark

                    • Richard A. Victor
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 30, 2009
                        Threaded below...

                        At 07:31 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:
                        >Thank you for the input numbers,
                        >When the band plan you enter 470.0125 alone and hit upper it gievs
                        >you a total of 474.7500 for upper
                        >but when you also input the alternative number as
                        >482.00000 Lower then you calculate the 470.0125 goes to 471.5000 upper.

                        Right. You either enter the one line bandplan for each of the sites
                        or you can enter the alternative bandplan for each site. If you use
                        the alternative bandplan, then for Glendale and Pomona you need to
                        enter both lines one and two. An entry on the second line affects
                        the calculation of the upper frequency on the first
                        line. Unfortunately, as I understand these bandplan issues, an
                        incorrect entry can result in hearing some but not necessarily all
                        transmissions so it may seem like it's working when it's not working
                        as well as it should be.

                        >One other thing i forgot to mention that
                        >
                        >I heard more talking on the BC200XLT then i do with 396xt.
                        >I mean some talks would be scrambled because they are digital, since
                        >200xlt=is analog.
                        >But in general, when i turn on my 200XLT and my 396XT and put them
                        >side by side.
                        >
                        >the 200 grabs more data then 396 does. and when 200 is tuned to a freq the 396
                        >will just keep scanning. and this is only for Glendale i turn the
                        >rest of the cities off so its faster scanner.

                        It's possible that you are hearing the voice channels of the trunked
                        systems on the 200XLT even though that scanner won't follow the
                        conversations as they move from frequency to frequency or decode the
                        digital channels. On the 396XT, if it's not properly programmed for
                        those trunked systems, you may not hear anything on those systems.

                        Dick

                      • Clark Rennie
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 30, 2009
                          On the ICIS system, I have entered all the trunk freqs. of all the sites
                          (not just control channels) and all the
                          band plans (if two are shown on RR, then both) and it works for me. Maybe
                          someone else will try other
                          programming. djfred600, try Glendale both ways (471.5000 and 474.7500) and
                          see which is the best.
                          I prefer ARC-XT Pro for logging as it displays the TG and the Freq. , over
                          FreeSCAN because FreeSCAN only shows
                          the TGs. I can see that all the Glendale trunk freqs are being used, with
                          my way of programming the ICIS system.

                          Clark

                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 30, 2009
                            Another possibility is that the 200 is hearing encrypted data and
                            letting you hear the noise (it doesn't know it's encrypted since it
                            cannot decode it), and the 396XT is skipping the encrypted channels.
                            It's smart enough to not sit there letting you hear encrypted garble -
                            at least on trunked systems.

                            Joe M.

                            Richard A. Victor wrote:

                            >> One other thing i forgot to mention that
                            >>
                            >> I heard more talking on the BC200XLT then i do with 396xt.
                            >> I mean some talks would be scrambled because they are digital, since
                            >> 200xlt=is analog.
                            >> But in general, when i turn on my 200XLT and my 396XT and put them
                            >> side by side.
                            >>
                            >> the 200 grabs more data then 396 does. and when 200 is tuned to a freq the 396
                            >> will just keep scanning. and this is only for Glendale i turn the
                            >> rest of the cities off so its faster scanner.
                            >
                            > It's possible that you are hearing the voice channels of the trunked
                            > systems on the 200XLT even though that scanner won't follow the
                            > conversations as they move from frequency to frequency or decode the
                            > digital channels. On the 396XT, if it's not properly programmed for
                            > those trunked systems, you may not hear anything on those systems.
                            >
                            > Dick
                            >
                            >> Hope that makes sense.
                            >> Thank you
                            >>
                            >> --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Clark Rennie <c.rennie1@...> wrote:
                            >>> Using 470.0125 as the lower freq., FreeSCAN calculates the Upper Freq. as
                            >>> 471.50000. As does ARCXT Pro.
                            >>>
                            >>> Clark

                          • Richard A. Victor
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 30, 2009
                              I agree that trying both ways makes sense, but it isn't just a matter
                              of trying a different upper frequency. In one alternative you enter
                              a single row bandplan and in the other you enter a two row bandplan
                              for Glendale. I've never disputed that the two row bandplan will
                              work. You seem to be implying that the single row bandplan won't
                              work. I have no way of knowing since I'm not there. If, in fact,
                              the single row bandplan doesn't work, I suggest that you notify RR
                              that the database is incorrect.

                              Bottom line seems to be to enter either:

                              470.0125 474.7500 12.5 380

                              or

                              470.0125 471.5000 12.5 380
                              482.0000 485.2375 12.5 500

                              both of which are computationally correct.

                              Dick

                              At 08:45 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:
                              >On the ICIS system, I have entered all the trunk freqs. of all the sites
                              >(not just control channels) and all the
                              >band plans (if two are shown on RR, then both) and it works for me. Maybe
                              >someone else will try other
                              >programming. djfred600, try Glendale both ways (471.5000 and 474.7500) and
                              >see which is the best.
                              >I prefer ARC-XT Pro for logging as it displays the TG and the Freq. , over
                              >FreeSCAN because FreeSCAN only shows
                              >the TGs. I can see that all the Glendale trunk freqs are being used, with
                              >my way of programming the ICIS system.
                              >
                              >Clark
                              >
                              >At 05:54 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:
                              >
                              > >Threaded below...
                              > >
                              > >At 07:31 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:
                              > > >Thank you for the input numbers,
                              > > >When the band plan you enter 470.0125 alone and hit upper it gievs
                              > > >you a total of 474.7500 for upper
                              > > >but when you also input the alternative number as
                              > > >482.00000 Lower then you calculate the 470.0125 goes to 471.5000 upper.
                              > >
                              > >Right. You either enter the one line bandplan for each of the sites
                              > >or you can enter the alternative bandplan for each site. If you use
                              > >the alternative bandplan, then for Glendale and Pomona you need to
                              > >enter both lines one and two. An entry on the second line affects
                              > >the calculation of the upper frequency on the first
                              > >line. Unfortunately, as I understand these bandplan issues, an
                              > >incorrect entry can result in hearing some but not necessarily all
                              > >transmissions so it may seem like it's working when it's not working
                              > >as well as it should be.
                            • booth91208
                              Message 14 of 16 , Oct 1, 2009
                                I live in Glendale and listen extensively to the Glendale ICIS site. I can verify that entering only the one-line band plan will cause you to miss lots of the traffic. I confirmed that fact using a second scanner programmed with all of the Glendale site frequencies (as if they were conventional channels).

                                The viewable RadioReference web page for ICIS shows "Alternate Custom Frequency Tables". The word "Alternate" should be replaced with "Required". As shown in that table, Clark Rennie's message has the correct band plan that must be entered for the Glendale ICIS site.

                                I started a topic on the RadioReference "Database" forum complaining about this problem, and recommend that you read the excellent response. The topic title is "Problem with download using ARC-XT Pro". To summarize their response, the RadioReference database was not designed to hold different multiple band plans for different sites within one system. Therefore, automated downloads will have erroneous band plans for complicated systems like ICIS. Knowing this, they added the table "Alternate Custom Frequency Tables" as a text box (it doesn't come from the database), with the intent that the users would manually enter the band plans into their 396's. They also said that they plan to fix the problem, but it requires changing the design of their database.

                                I sympathize with users having difficulties. I've been scanning since I built my first tunable receiver in 1962, but the new paradigm changes everything. I was very frustrated for the first few days, and almost returned it in disgust. I finally isolated the problems to two: the band plan issue, and another problem where ARC-XT Pro was having errors sending the channel spacing to the scanner. Once I got the channel spacing set properly, and the band plan manually entered, everything works great and I am delighted.

                                BTW, I reported the channel spacing error to Butel, and three days later I was notified that there was a software update; imagine my delight when I found that the bug had been fixed.

                              • Fred Mirzaian
                                Message 15 of 16 , Oct 1, 2009
                                  Thanx you for the help.

                                  I have included the 2nd band plan and its working better then before

                                  I think i have setup my radio right with the help of this group.

                                  I will soon post the files up so if people want to scan the cities i have
                                  programmed can.
                                  but i will do that once i fine tune everything,

                                  Thanx again.

                                  On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 6:10 PM, booth91208 <booth@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                  > > rows, that's the result that you get. However, if you calulate it
                                  > > for the "non-alternate" single line bandplan that's shown on the RR
                                  > > site for this system, you get 474.7500 as shown in the attached Excel
                                  > > spreadsheet that was provided by Uniden to make such calculations and
                                  > > also in FreeScan (copy attached). I get the same result in ProScan
                                  > > as well. Frankly, I can't get ARC-XT to even calculate a one line
                                  > > bandplan, but perhaps that's something that I'm doing.
                                  > >
                                  > > The values in the second row change the results in the first
                                  > > row. Since the "non-alternate" bandplan has only one row, if you
                                  > > enter something in the second row you will get incorrect values for
                                  > > the bandplan.
                                  > >
                                  > > Dick
                                  >

                                  > > At 06:05 PM 9/30/2009, you wrote:
                                  > > >Using 470.0125 as the lower freq., FreeSCAN calculates the Upper Freq.

                                  [FReD]

                                • Richard A. Victor
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Oct 1, 2009
                                    Thanks for the straightforward explanation of what's actually going
                                    on with that system and for taking the time and effort to get the
                                    ball rolling to get the info on RR corrected.

                                    Dick