Re: BCD396T/BCD396XT SMA connector

  • bbtkdus
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 28, 2009
      I found a cross-section comparison of the SMV and SM antenna bases, and the SMV (Vertex) is inset into the antenna, probably too much for the 396. The SM is shown to be quite shallow, so I'll get the SMI which should be in-between.

      Around here everything used to be UHF but is now all VHF including the statewide digital system so I'm switching to a 3.5" duck tuned for 150 to 162MHz, the EXS150SMI. I'll also pick up the 6" EXB150SMI sometime. I like the shorter antennas for day-to-day around town use.