Re: Charging batteries - in the radio or via external charger

  • shelleysh1@att.net
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 26 3:53 AM
      Hi Scott!

      I used to use my radios exactly like you do right now. But as time's gone on, my habits and schedules have simply changed. One of the beauties of the rechargeable batteries, speaking of the nickel metal hydrides here, is that you don't have to worry about completely discharge them before recharging as you did with the NiCads (shortening the life)!

      I actually do keep a charger in the car though - one that will work off the cigarette lighter - just in case the 396XT which I use mobile and carry with me if something is going on needs more charged batteries than I have ready. As mentioned, I keep 6 charged in the glove box, but I almost always have another 3-6 in my trunk or often in my purse.

      I guess I'm just not as patient as you are! I want mine to be charged faster than I can get it done in my radio. LOL So I plug in a charger and get 'em done in less than an hour.

      Shelley ;)
      K0SHL