Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Flashing Hold

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 25, 2009
      Paul cited the link to the manual.

      No, paper manuals are being left out of many items these days. Is it
      petty? Maybe. Most people use the PC term for it: Going Green.

      Uniden is likely getting tax breaks for anything they do that will
      further the cause of those promoting the 'Green' agenda. Or, maybe they
      are just doing it to do their part in the agenda.

      You can always do what others have done - take the file to your local
      Kinkos or equal and have them print you out a nice bound hard copy.

      Personally, I read the online info and have one less manual laying in a
      drawer that will eventually get burned with the trash (I know - not very
      Green on my part). Of course, by me not having to burn a manual, I guess
      I too am part of the agenda. :-)

      I'm not one to protest places that are not Going Green, but I'm
      certainly not going to protest doing it, either. The info is still
      available even though it's not on paper from the factory.

      Being in Canada, you should appreciate the effort to save your vast
      pristine frontiers. :-)

      Joe M.