Re: [BCD396XT] Mobile setup with BCD396XT and 2 Meter rig

  • Walter Jinright
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 24, 2009
      Just from my experience, I space antenna according to guidelines I had found in an old manual for spacing repeater antennas. Which for me is 20 ft vertically, but on the vehicle, the scanner antenna is on the top center of my rear windscreen, and my dual-band antenna is 3 ft behind and down on the trunk deck. I never mount the same bandwidth antennas at the same height on my vehicle. Just a personal choice, I have found to work for me on a 1999 Crown Vic P71. So I am sure every vehicle design will dictate a different scenario for proximity RF.

      Walter