Re: [BCD396XT] Carry-On Policy

    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 15, 2009
      Let's please get back to discussing the BCD396XT. Grammar discussions
      are best left to lists that have been created to discuss such issues.

      If you have an issue with someone's grammar, please discuss it with them
      via private email, not on the list, as it's off topic for this list.

      Thank you,
      List Moderator
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 15, 2009
        I flew with my scanner and Ham rig though the usa and Italy without any
        problems! If you have a ham license take it with you it may make things
        easier if you encounter any problems!

        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 15, 2009
          I may not know how to spell but I know how to program my scanner. Well no good deed goes unpunished. This what I get for trying to help someone. I will crawl back in my hole hole now and never help anyone again Joey

          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 15, 2009
            I took a scanner on the plane with me to San Diego from Kansas City about one month ago. Went thru TSA with out a hitch. I'm also a police oficer with an off duty badge in my wallet. I don't know if that made a difference.

            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 15, 2009
              Something to keep in mind with International flights are the laws in any
              country you will be going to. Not all of them allow for legal scanner
              possession. Some of them also have laws on what services you can monitor.

              Joe M.

              Mike wrote:
              > I flew with my scanner and Ham rig though the usa and Italy without any
              > problems! If you have a ham license take it with you it may make things
              > easier if you encounter any problems!

            • Richard A. Victor
              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 15, 2009
                Joey,

                I think it's fair to think that most of us greatly appreciate
                information provided, particularly when it's from someone with the
                experience to provide valid and useful information. Please don't
                interpret the rudeness of one poster as in any way reflecting the
                views of the rest of us.

                Dick

                At 07:30 PM 9/15/2009, you wrote:
                >I may not know how to spell but I know how to program my scanner.
                >Well no good deed goes unpunished. This what I get for trying to
                >help someone. I will crawl back in my hole hole now and never help
                >anyone again Joey

              • Joe Polcari
                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 16, 2009
                  Hey Joe,
                  Don't get discouraged from being a positive influence on someone else.
                  On the net, the trick is to learn who to ignore, and who to pay attention to.

                  ----- End of original message -----
                • shgee@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 16, 2009
                    Indeed!? Stay with us, Joe, and thanks for your contributions to the group!

                    Scott

                    From: Eric <knip@...>

                    To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

                    Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 12:05 PM

                    Joey Fournier wrote:

                    > I work for TSA for four years at lax you can carrie it on they mite want to

                    > check it out and maybe ETD it and check explosives things look weired on

                    > the x-ray so they mite call a bag check but it's better to be safe than

                    > sorry if you have any problems just ask for a supervisor and he will

                    > strightin thing out for have a safe trip Joey wa6jwf

                    Please...please. ..PLEASE. Go back to school, or a least use a spell-check.

                    ----- End of original message -----

                  • Bill, NC1L
                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 16, 2009
                      Dan:

                      I travel often and have taken both my 396's with me, a couple of ham radio
                      HT's, a portable shortwave not to mention spare batteries, antennas, and all
                      sorts of things.

                      Now, it might get their attention and they often like to pick through my
                      bag, but when they finish they offer to repack it and I thank them but tell
                      them I'd rather do it.

                      They also seem to like to look at collapsible antennas for some reason!

                      Good luck, but I don't think you'll have a problem other than a few extra
                      minutes going through security. Also, occasionally, they have not even
                      stopped me!

                      Bill NC1L

                      _____