Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Colorado DTRS

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 8, 2009
      If you enter the programming menu [MENU button, PROGRAM SYSTEM, (select
      system), EDIT SITE], what does it show for the site names? That should
      correspond to what you see on RR somehow.

      Joe M.

      martinezjohnnie wrote:
      > I'm pretty certain you're correct about RadioReference being the source.
      >
      > I took a quick look at the RadioReference information for the system this morning, and, without actually counting them all, it looks like there's 'way more than 80 transmitter sites in the Colorado DTRS.
      >
      > I'm just wondering which 80 sites were selected for the pre-programmed BCD396XT.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > -Johnnie

      >> I'm pretty sure the info came from RadioReference.com
      >>
      >> You can lock out sites you would never be in range of.
      >>
      >> As I understand it, several sites use duplicate frequencies, so that
      >> will slow down the scan speed.
      >>
      >> If you're mobile, you could always use a GPS to only enable sites that
      >> are close to you.

    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 9, 2009
        There is not a 1:1 correlation. I deleted duplicates and combined geographically disparate sites as needed to keep the system within the limits. That system is meant only as "something to listen to while you program the scanner for real." Any notes I made when making the system are long gone.
         UPMan

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 9, 2009
          Thanks, Paul.

          That was a lot of work, and it's been a useful option to have as I pop in and out of southern Colorado. I've especially appreciated the talk-group ID's.

          -Johnnie

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Uniden UPMan <uniden.upman@...> wrote:

          > There is not a 1:1 correlation. I deleted duplicates and combined geographically disparate sites as needed to keep the system within the limits. That system is meant only as "something to listen to while you program the scanner for real." Any notes I made when making the system are long gone.
          >  UPMan
        • martinezjohnnie
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 9, 2009
            Hmmmm . . . I'll give it a try.