Re: [BCD396XT] Colorado DTRS

  • dmccorm@charter.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 8, 2009
      You can use FreeSCAN to change the status of the sites, L/O, or re-tag the Quick Key. You could change it so the towers you want are activated with the startup number key, or even use GPS settings for location based scanning.

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 8, 2009
        I'm pretty sure the info came from RadioReference.com

        You can lock out sites you would never be in range of.

        As I understand it, several sites use duplicate frequencies, so that
        will slow down the scan speed.

        If you're mobile, you could always use a GPS to only enable sites that
        are close to you.

        Joe M.

        martinezjohnnie wrote:
        > Does anyone (UPMan?) know how the 80 or so sites in the Colorado DTRS were selected and programmed in the BCD396XT?
        >
        > As fast as the XT is, it takes some time to scan 80 sites. I'd like to be able to lock out and leave on a shorter list of selected sites as I occasionally travel through Colorado. It would really help to know which sites in the XT's pre-programmed list correspond to actual sites in the statewide system.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > -Johnnie

      • martinezjohnnie
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 8, 2009
          I'm pretty certain you're correct about RadioReference being the source.

          I took a quick look at the RadioReference information for the system this morning, and, without actually counting them all, it looks like there's 'way more than 80 transmitter sites in the Colorado DTRS.

          I'm just wondering which 80 sites were selected for the pre-programmed BCD396XT.

          Thanks.

          -Johnnie

          > I'm pretty sure the info came from RadioReference.com
          >
          > You can lock out sites you would never be in range of.
          >
          > As I understand it, several sites use duplicate frequencies, so that
          > will slow down the scan speed.
          >
          > If you're mobile, you could always use a GPS to only enable sites that
          > are close to you.
          >
          > Joe M.

        • martinezjohnnie
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 8, 2009
            I understand I can change the pre-programmed settings; I just want to know which sites in the BCD396XT correspond to which transmitter sites in the Colorado DTRS, so I can decide which ones to turn off or leave on.

            Thanks.

            -Johnnie

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 8, 2009
              If you enter the programming menu [MENU button, PROGRAM SYSTEM, (select
              system), EDIT SITE], what does it show for the site names? That should
              correspond to what you see on RR somehow.

              Joe M.

              martinezjohnnie wrote:
              > I'm pretty certain you're correct about RadioReference being the source.
              >
              > I took a quick look at the RadioReference information for the system this morning, and, without actually counting them all, it looks like there's 'way more than 80 transmitter sites in the Colorado DTRS.
              >
              > I'm just wondering which 80 sites were selected for the pre-programmed BCD396XT.
              >
              > Thanks.
              >
              > -Johnnie

              >> I'm pretty sure the info came from RadioReference.com
              >>
              >> You can lock out sites you would never be in range of.
              >>
              >> As I understand it, several sites use duplicate frequencies, so that
              >> will slow down the scan speed.
              >>
              >> If you're mobile, you could always use a GPS to only enable sites that
              >> are close to you.

            • Uniden UPMan
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 9, 2009
                There is not a 1:1 correlation. I deleted duplicates and combined geographically disparate sites as needed to keep the system within the limits. That system is meant only as "something to listen to while you program the scanner for real." Any notes I made when making the system are long gone.
                 UPMan

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 9, 2009
                  Thanks, Paul.

                  That was a lot of work, and it's been a useful option to have as I pop in and out of southern Colorado. I've especially appreciated the talk-group ID's.

                  -Johnnie

                  --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Uniden UPMan <uniden.upman@...> wrote:

                  > There is not a 1:1 correlation. I deleted duplicates and combined geographically disparate sites as needed to keep the system within the limits. That system is meant only as "something to listen to while you program the scanner for real." Any notes I made when making the system are long gone.
                  >  UPMan
                • martinezjohnnie
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 9, 2009
                    Hmmmm . . . I'll give it a try.