Re: [BCD396XT] C-CH Output vs C-CH Only & Band Plan

  • SRehm24416@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 24 6:33 AM
      Thank you everyone.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: dmccorm@...
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, Aug 24, 2009 7:41 am
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] C-CH Output vs C-CH Only & Band Plan

      Your talking about two different things here. Control channel output is for
      trunked decoder programs. The XT's can use Pro96Com (for P25) and Trunk88 (for
      Motorola systems). It's not needed for the XT to track trunked systems only to
      output data to the serial port from the radio.

      Control channel only is for the XT to track the P25 or Motorola system using the
      control channel only vs. all the frequencies in the trunked system. Currently
      it's the only option you have with the latest firmware version.

      If your 800MHz P25 system is rebanded it should be fine. The XT uses the data
      from the control channel on P25, you should not need to do anything if it's a
      true P25 system as opposed to a Motorola Mixed-mode system. Even though the
      table is populated with 700MHz alternate bands listed, that is correct even if
      700MHz frequencies are used or not for that system.

      ---- SRehm24416@... wrote:

      > What is the difference? I am not sure what and when I should use C-CH Output.
      >

      > I also have a P25 system that under select site has Edit Band Plan. It
      currently shows ...

      > Select Plan
      >
      > 0:851.00625/6.25
      >
      > 1:762.00625/6.25
      >
      > 2 thru 9 are blank as well as A thru F.
      >

      > The system uses only 800MHz freqs. What should it be set on? And if I am
      listening to a multi site system (P25) and it has 800 and 700 MHz freqs. Do I
      set each site to match the plan?