Spare batteries and charging unit

  • BDR431@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 2009
      What have you found to be the best spare batteries and charging unit?for the 396XT?

      Brian Riley
      Chicago metro area

    • Brent Gay
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2009
        I like the La Crosse Technology
        BC-9009<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00077AA5Q/ref=ox_ya_oh_product>,
        and it works very well. I have been using the batteries that come with the
        scanner and the charger with good success.

        Brent

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2009
          Depends how often you use it.

          If you use it often, I would use the highest capacity name brand cells
          you can find.

          If you don't use it often, go with the low-discharge cells such as the
          Eneloop cells from Sanyo. The capacity won't be as high, but if your use
          is rare the odds are the charge remaining will be higher than non-LD cells.

          For the charger I like the MAHA brand. Make sure you get a charger that
          charges each cell individually - not in pairs.

          Joe M.

          BDR431@... wrote:
          > What have you found to be the best spare batteries and charging unit?for the 396XT?
          >
          > Brian Riley
          > Chicago metro area

        • Mark Levine, D.C.
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2009
            I've become a fan of Energizer NiMH 2500 and Duracell 2650; usually less
            than $2 each at Walgreen's on sale.

            I also use the LaCross though the batteries they come with were junk.

            ML
            > If you use it often, I would use the highest capacity name brand cells
            > you can find.
            >
            > If you don't use it often, go with the low-discharge cells such as the
            > Eneloop cells from Sanyo. The capacity won't be as high, but if your use
            > is rare the odds are the charge remaining will be higher than non-LD
            > cells.
            >
            > For the charger I like the MAHA brand. Make sure you get a charger that
            > charges each cell individually - not in pairs.
            >
            > Joe M.
            >
            > BDR431@... wrote:
            >> What have you found to be the best spare batteries and charging unit?for
            >> the 396XT?
            >>
            >> Brian Riley
            >> Chicago metro area

            >> 07/31/09 05:58:00

          • dtomlinson219
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 4, 2009
              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, BDR431@... wrote:

              > What have you found to be the best spare batteries and charging unit?for the 396XT?
              >
              > Brian Riley
              > Chicago metro area
              >
              > I bought the Maha Powerex (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817355017. It comes with 4- 2700 mAh AA batteries and a charger that charges each battery separately, conditions the batteries, and can either fast or slow charge. It also comes with both AC and DC(car)cords for the charger and has great reviews.

              Dan

            • john bucki
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 4, 2009
                BatteryJuncation is a good place to buy batteries and chargers

                john

                To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com