Radio Ref. Disconnected

  • bucki290290
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
      Trying to access my BuTel software 396,996,396xt bottom of page says RR disconnected wait retrieving HTTP data Any help with this problem thanks
    • randybcd396t
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
        Are you on the latest version of your BuTel software? There was a change to the RR interface requiring everyone to upgrade to continue using the RR premium service. Following is from the BuTel website:

        RadioReference Webservice changes:

        On July 31st 2009 the webservice will change to a new interface and requires all ARC program that use the webservice to be updated.

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "bucki290290" <bucki290290@...> wrote:

        > Trying to access my BuTel software 396,996,396xt bottom of page says RR disconnected wait retrieving HTTP data Any help with this problem thanks

      • john bucki
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
          I went to there site and did the up grade still same old problem can I email you off the group for some ??????

          john

          To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
          From: randybcd396t@...
          Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 01:37:34 +0000
          Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Radio Ref. Disconnected

          Are you on the latest version of your BuTel software? There was a change to the RR interface requiring everyone to upgrade to continue using the RR premium service. Following is from the BuTel website:

          RadioReference Webservice changes:

          On July 31st 2009 the webservice will change to a new interface and requires all ARC program that use the webservice to be updated.

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "bucki290290" <bucki290290@...> wrote:

          > Trying to access my BuTel software 396,996,396xt bottom of page says RR disconnected wait retrieving HTTP data Any help with this problem thanks

        • Clark Rennie
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
            Are you using the latest Ver 3.1 build 1 for the 396 and 996 and Ver.1.1
            build 3 for the XT ?

            Clark

            At 03:37 PM 8/3/2009, you wrote:

            >Trying to access my BuTel software 396,996,396xt bottom of page says RR
            >disconnected wait retrieving HTTP data Any help with this problem thanks
          • Richard A. Victor
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
              It's my understanding from reading many threads on RR that a new
              version of scanner software was needed due to the change in "data
              format" that RR instituted about a year ago. For quite some time RR
              ran both "formats". They granted one extension of 30 days for
              software developers that didn't have their new software ready despite
              the long advance notice. They've now turned off the old "data
              format". ProScan and FreeScan have been using the new "format" for some time.

              Apparently, Butel recently issued new versions of their software to
              deal with this, but some of it doesn't work properly. He is on
              vacation until later this month. From the postings, lots of unhappy
              people are awaiting his return.

              I put data format in quotation marks because this may not be a
              technically correct description of the change, but I think it
              expresses the concept well enough.

              Dick