Re: [BCD396XT] Looking for comprehensive reviews and reports

  • SRehm24416@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2009
      Try ... www.eham.net

      On the left side of the?main page click on reviews. There may be reviews for each scanner you are asking about.

      Hope it works.

      From: Richard A. Victor <Victor@...>
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 4:49 PM

      ?

      From reading the postings on RR, I get the impression that it is no
      longer merely a matter of putting it on the bench and determining the
      specs. It appears that one radio may be better in one environment
      and another be better for some other. I think the best bet may be to
      get on RR and check in the state forums for someone in your area that
      listens to what you want to listen to. That may give you better info
      than the old fashioned review that you seek.

      An example is the latest firmware upgrade for the 396T. Some people
      say that it solved their problems and others are looking to go back
      to the previous firmware because they feel that things have gotten
      orse for them rather than better. The difference appears to relate
      to the types of systems and, in some cases, the specific systems that
      they listen to.

      73
      Dick
      WD9GRI