Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Digital PL/CTCSS tones?

  • Uniden UPMan
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2009
      CTCSS = Analog PL tones
      DCS (DPL) = Digital PL tones
      D-305 = DCS 305
       UPMan

      ________________________________
      From: kb1gcb <kb1gcb@...>
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, August 3, 2009 9:15:59 AM
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Digital PL/CTCSS tones?

      Thanks for answering my question. Yes, I know how to enter the standard pl/ctcss tones. What I am questioning is that this particular tone is differentiated by the "D"--defined as digital not the standard. It's the "D" designation that I am questioning. I do know how to enter the "non digital" tones.

      Not sure if I am making myself clear, but thanks again for your help.

      John

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroup s.com, Clark Rennie <c.rennie1@. ..> wrote:

      > In the software program, double click in the PL/DPL column, see down arrow,
      > scroll down until you see
      > the desired tone.
      >
      > Clark
      >

      > At 04:35 AM 8/2/2009, you wrote:
      >
      > >Hello,
      > >
      > >I have a local repeater 158.9475 (fire) which specifies a tone D-306. The
      > >"D" represents a digital tone ("Scanner Master, 11th edition). I use arc
      > >xt pro to enter the channel and tones-are the digital tones different? If
      > >so how do you enter them?
      > >
      > >Thanks,
      > >John

    • Mark Levine, D.C.