P25 Tracking

  • SRehm24416@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2009
      I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

      Went to bed last night with my local PS's P25 system working perfectly. The scanner was left on all night. (Note. The system does not change control channels at midnight)

      Woke up this morning and nothing was heard on the P25 system but all analog non trunked radio traffic in other systems was loud and clear. Don't know if other trunked systems were non funtioning.

      Double checked all settings and all was OK. I manually scrolled through the control channel freq and alternates and the scanner stopped and hit on the control channel just fine. When I started scrolling through the TGID's the signal strength bar(s) started flashing like a late night stop light and no reception was heard.

      I decided to just turn the scanner off for a few seconds and turn it back on. When I did everything was perfect again and all was good.

      Are there any ideas from the Uniden Guru's that might know what happened?

      Thank you in advance.

      jeff

      ??