Re: New file uploaded to BCD396XT

  • tomvanderpool
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2, 2009
      He was replying to a message about the file *I* had recently uploaded which IS a pdf but does NOT open when just downloaded. It appears to be version 1.4 (also tried a version 1.5) that operates this way. Mark's pdf just above it (version 1.6 I think) seems to operate as you would expect. I have no explanation and have tried a couple variations with the "pdf builders" I have at my disposal. No success.

      So, until I find a cure, "please download and open" is the answer I have for now. It does seem to work in that manner, although I would like to find a "better way".

      Tom

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "JAN FINE" <janfine@...> wrote:

      > These are not PDF files. If you have a PDF reader and you double click on a PDF file your computer automatically opens the file with your PDF reader. (Probably Adobe)
    • tomvanderpool
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 2, 2009
        I'm using Foxit. <g>

        But that's only to open. Made it a couple of different ways, nothing I can think of seem to be "the answer".

        Tom

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Derek Helling <dereklh2001@...> wrote:

        > Try using Foxit instead of Adobe.
        >
        > Derek
      • john bucki
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2, 2009
          I have the BuTel arc-xt pro This radio Ref has got me?? Says Disconnected wait retriving HTT data also on 396 996 software Help

          john

          To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
          From: tomvanderpool@...
          Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 19:06:27 +0000
          Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: New file uploaded to BCD396XT

        • SRehm24416@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2, 2009
            I clicked on it and it worked perfectly. There must be something wrong with my PC then. HA!

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 3, 2009
              The file has a PDF extension, however it's associated as HTML, so most browsers want to display it as HTML unless you download it to your local drive and then open it.