Digital PL/CTCSS tones?

  • kb1gcb
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2009
      Hello,

      I have a local repeater 158.9475 (fire) which specifies a tone D-306. The "D" represents a digital tone ("Scanner Master, 11th edition). I use arc xt pro to enter the channel and tones-are the digital tones different? If so how do you enter them?

      Thanks,
      John
    • Clark Rennie
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2009
        In the software program, double click in the PL/DPL column, see down arrow,
        scroll down until you see
        the desired tone.

        Clark

        At 04:35 AM 8/2/2009, you wrote:

        >Hello,
        >
        >I have a local repeater 158.9475 (fire) which specifies a tone D-306. The
        >"D" represents a digital tone ("Scanner Master, 11th edition). I use arc
        >xt pro to enter the channel and tones-are the digital tones different? If
        >so how do you enter them?
        >
        >Thanks,
        >John
      • JAN FINE
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2009
          When you go to enter the tone the software will list the PL tones first followed by the DPL tones. Make sure you use the DPL tones. Just scroll down.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2009
            Thanks for answering my question. Yes, I know how to enter the standard pl/ctcss tones. What I am questioning is that this particular tone is differentiated by the "D"--defined as digital not the standard. It's the "D" designation that I am questioning. I do know how to enter the "non digital" tones.

            Not sure if I am making myself clear, but thanks again for your help.

            John

            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Clark Rennie <c.rennie1@...> wrote:

            > In the software program, double click in the PL/DPL column, see down arrow,
            > scroll down until you see
            > the desired tone.
            >
            > Clark
            >

            > At 04:35 AM 8/2/2009, you wrote:
            >
            > >Hello,
            > >
            > >I have a local repeater 158.9475 (fire) which specifies a tone D-306. The
            > >"D" represents a digital tone ("Scanner Master, 11th edition). I use arc
            > >xt pro to enter the channel and tones-are the digital tones different? If
            > >so how do you enter them?
            > >
            > >Thanks,
            > >John

          • Uniden UPMan
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2009
              CTCSS = Analog PL tones
              DCS (DPL) = Digital PL tones
              D-305 = DCS 305
               UPMan

              ________________________________
              Thanks for answering my question. Yes, I know how to enter the standard pl/ctcss tones. What I am questioning is that this particular tone is differentiated by the "D"--defined as digital not the standard. It's the "D" designation that I am questioning. I do know how to enter the "non digital" tones.

              Not sure if I am making myself clear, but thanks again for your help.

              John

              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroup s.com, Clark Rennie <c.rennie1@. ..> wrote:

              > In the software program, double click in the PL/DPL column, see down arrow,
              > scroll down until you see
              > the desired tone.
              >
              > Clark
              >

              > At 04:35 AM 8/2/2009, you wrote:
              >
              > >Hello,
              > >
              > >I have a local repeater 158.9475 (fire) which specifies a tone D-306. The
              > >"D" represents a digital tone ("Scanner Master, 11th edition). I use arc
              > >xt pro to enter the channel and tones-are the digital tones different? If
              > >so how do you enter them?
              > >
              > >Thanks,
              > >John

            • Mark Levine, D.C.