Re: [BCD396XT] Re: New file uploaded to BCD396XT

  • Derek Helling
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 2 10:20 AM
      Try using Foxit instead of Adobe.

      Derek

      --- On Sun, 8/2/09, tomvanderpool <tomvanderpool@...> wrote:

      From: tomvanderpool <tomvanderpool@...>
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: New file uploaded to BCD396XT
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 10:01 AM

      Jan (and interested others),

      That's the answer (You have to DOWNLOAD the file and THEN open it) but it preplexes me as to "why"? Other pdf type files can just be clicked on. I have just tried generating the file using a different "pdf maker" with the same results - ie garbage.

      So that leaves me unsure as to how to "Fix" this (without spending a ton of money on Adobe products <g>).

      Tom

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroup s.com, "JAN FINE" <janfine@... > wrote:

      > That's because it is not a file for you to open and look at.

      > It is a file that is used by a program.

      > You save the file on your computer then open it from within its appropriate program.

    • tomvanderpool
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 2 12:04 PM
        He was replying to a message about the file *I* had recently uploaded which IS a pdf but does NOT open when just downloaded. It appears to be version 1.4 (also tried a version 1.5) that operates this way. Mark's pdf just above it (version 1.6 I think) seems to operate as you would expect. I have no explanation and have tried a couple variations with the "pdf builders" I have at my disposal. No success.

        So, until I find a cure, "please download and open" is the answer I have for now. It does seem to work in that manner, although I would like to find a "better way".

        Tom

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "JAN FINE" <janfine@...> wrote:

        > These are not PDF files. If you have a PDF reader and you double click on a PDF file your computer automatically opens the file with your PDF reader. (Probably Adobe)
      • tomvanderpool
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 2 12:06 PM
          I'm using Foxit. <g>

          But that's only to open. Made it a couple of different ways, nothing I can think of seem to be "the answer".

          Tom

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Derek Helling <dereklh2001@...> wrote:

          > Try using Foxit instead of Adobe.
          >
          > Derek
        • john bucki
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 2 3:53 PM
            I have the BuTel arc-xt pro This radio Ref has got me?? Says Disconnected wait retriving HTT data also on 396 996 software Help

            john

            To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
            From: tomvanderpool@...
            Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 19:06:27 +0000

          • SRehm24416@aol.com
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 2 8:00 PM
              I clicked on it and it worked perfectly. There must be something wrong with my PC then. HA!

            • dmccorm@charter.net
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 3 6:00 AM
                The file has a PDF extension, however it's associated as HTML, so most browsers want to display it as HTML unless you download it to your local drive and then open it.

              • BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 24, 2015
                  Hello,

                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                  group.

                  File : /NIFOG.csv
                  Uploaded by : firemann57 <firemann57@...>
                  Description : NIFOG programming for BCD396XT

                  You can access this file at the URL:

                  Regards,

                  firemann57 <firemann57@...>
                • BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                  Message 8 of 24 , Nov 21, 2015
                    Hello,

                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                    group.

                    File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Mid Nth Coast BCD396XT 30-08-2014.996
                    Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                    Description : Covers Forster, Bulladelah & Taree NSW

                    vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                  • BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                    Message 9 of 24 , Nov 21, 2015
                      Hello,

                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                      group.

                      File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Tuross BCD396XT 13-11-2015.996
                      Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                      Description : Covers Tuross Heads, Narooma & Moruya NSW

                      Message 10 of 24 , Nov 21, 2015
                        Hello,

                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                        group.

                        File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Sydney BCD396XT 04-06-2015.996
                        Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                        Description : Covers mainly South West Sydney

                        Message 11 of 24 , Feb 3, 2016
                          Hello,

                          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                          group.

                          File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/CentWest BCD396XT 2016.996
                          Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                          Description : Covers Central West NSW - Lithgow, Bathurst, Blayney, Orange, Wellington, Dubbo, Canowindra, Cowra, Parkes & Forbes.

                          Message 12 of 24 , Feb 3, 2016
                            Hello,

                            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                            group.

                            File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Sydney BCD396XT 03-02-2016.996
                            Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                            Description : Covers mainly south of the harbour of Sydney and suburbs

                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 19, 2016
                              Hello,

                              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                              group.

                              File : / Software Files/FreeScan/FreeScan Programming Software/fssetup-218-b6.exe
                              Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                              Description : FreeScan V2.18 beta6 programming software

                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 31, 2016
                                Hello,

                                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                group.

                                File : /IO-Cable_PL-2303_Drivers-Generic_Windows_PL2303_Prolific.zip
                                Uploaded by : NCC74656_USS_Voyager <mch@...>
                                Description : Older USB-1 driver

                                NCC74656_USS_Voyager <mch@...>
                              • BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                Message 15 of 24 , Sep 5, 2016
                                  Hello,

                                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                  group.

                                  File : /Hunting out new and exciting frequencies_2016.pdf
                                  Uploaded by : paulgblundell <tanger32au@...>
                                  Description :

                                  paulgblundell <tanger32au@...>
                                • BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Dec 25, 2016
                                    Hello,

                                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                    group.

                                    File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Sydney BCD396XT 161224.996
                                    Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                                    Description : Revamped profile.Deleted old systems and added new. This profile concentrates on the southern half of Sydney

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jan 7
                                      Hello,

                                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                      group.

                                      File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/CentWest BCD396XT 161228.996

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jul 1
                                        Hello,

                                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                        group.

                                        File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Sydney BCD396XT 170606.996